Mike Pinder

Jeeze hard to believe such an iconic group has all passed on. I remember seeing them in concert, it doesn't feel that long ago in my mind, but I guess it was lol. Duke it seems like our memories are doing more than fading, they are passing off the planet. It is a bit unnerving.

Jeeze hard to believe such an iconic group has all passed on. I remember seeing them in concert, it doesn't feel that long ago in my mind, but I guess it was lol. Duke it seems like our memories are doing more than fading, they are passing off the planet. It is a bit unnerving.
Can't tell you how sad this makes me. The only ones left of the group are Justin Hayward and John Lodge now, who joined the group after other founding members left. Pinder was a key to much of what they eventually became as a group.

Lynne, I agree. It is becoming unnerving.

Can't tell you how sad this makes me. The only ones left of the group are Justin Hayward and John Lodge now, who joined the group after other founding members left. Pinder was a key to much of what they eventually became as a group.

Lynne, I agree. It is becoming unnerving.
By sheer coincidence, last week I read a book on the development and history of the mellotron. Pinder was discussed throughout, he was apparently very helpful to other musicians trying to master that beast.

By sheer coincidence, last week I read a book on the development and history of the mellotron. Pinder was discussed throughout, he was apparently very helpful to other musicians trying to master that beast.
He was indeed. I may have read the same article! He appeared to be the "go to" guy for anything involving that instrument.

Speaking of odd instruments, Loranne Mckennet's band has an instrument that is very strange looking. It has a crank on the side and looks like it is made from a wooden box with metal oblong keys. I have no idea what it is called. I am assuming it is a celtic instrument.

Speaking of odd instruments, Loranne Mckennet's band has an instrument that is very strange looking. It has a crank on the side and looks like it is made from a wooden box with metal oblong keys. I have no idea what it is called. I am assuming it is a celtic instrument.
I think you're talking about a hurdy-gurdy.

hurdy-gurdy-woman-robert-frank-gabriel.jpg