Memory ghosts

Eternal Flame by the Bangles takes me back to the first time I properly danced with a girl.
The theme to Get Smart reminds me off going to work at a job I once had. I had to go through the front gate then into a walkway behind a fence to a metal security door with a coded lock, then into a secret bit of the building to a thick metal door with a camera with had to opened from elsewhere. That led into an airlock type bit where the other big metal door wouldn't open till I was locked in. Also, I was legally bound not to tell anybody where I worked or what I did!

It was actually a bit of a let-down and quite boring once inside, but I used to hum the Get Smart Theme on my way through all the doors each evening.

The smell of Cape Jasminegardinia flowers. The house that I was raised in had a big Cape Jasmine bush on each corner. On hot humid nights with the windows open the house would be flooded with that smell and to this day it is sort of the smell of home to me. I have a big one that I have planted beside the front porch where I live now.

We had jasmine outside our front door and side window. Beautifully scented summer evenings for certain. My Sister used to pick a blossom and float it in a shallow bowl of water to scent the inside of our tiny house.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Benway
I can imagine this...
It was actually a bit of a let-down and quite boring once inside, but I used to hum the Get Smart Theme on my way through all the doors each evening.

Did you ever wear a black tuxedo just to amp up the fun Ben?

Reactions: Lynne
Eternal Flame by the Bangles takes me back to the first time I properly danced with a girl.
The theme to Get Smart reminds me off going to work at a job I once had. I had to go through the front gate then into a walkway behind a fence to a metal security door with a coded lock, then into a secret bit of the building to a thick metal door with a camera with had to opened from elsewhere. That led into an airlock type bit where the other big metal door wouldn't open till I was locked in. Also, I was legally bound not to tell anybody where I worked or what I did!

Wow Ben, where were working for MI6? Do you have a number for a name :D?