Memory ghosts

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I HAVE A FEW OF THESE! DO YOU HAVE SOME AND WHAT ARE THEY?

71402241_2490156934600934_7595243999019925504_n.jpg

Train whistles....they take me back to my hometown and make me think of my mom. I hear them now and it's zap...right back there immediately.

The Mists of Avalon....the book that brought me many self truths and courage in a time I had none.

Mostly songs, including TV series theme songs and movie soundtracks. The theme from "Odd Couple" instantly reminds me of my brother who died last year.

There is also a particular aircraft engine, the Pratt & Whitney "Twin Wasp," that takes me back to my pre-teen years. Two of them powered C-47s/DC-3s, would see dozens of them a week in the late 60s. There are still a fair number of them flying today, I recognize them immediately without having to even look. In fact it happened just last week.

The smell of burning peat, the very essence of Ireland and memories of amazing times I've had there over the past thirty-five plus years.

Last edited:
Music from the eighties floods me with memories.Blackberry Nip,as soon as I taste it takes me back to one night on the beach when I was 16.I do miss the feelings that dawn on you as a youth.

I’m just a year older than you Oz. I think you and I could be friends if it weren’t for the distance...and the time zone differences. Mate, you just get up too early for me.

I’m just a year older than you Oz. I think you and I could be friends if it weren’t for the distance...and the time zone differences. Mate, you just get up too early for me.
Lol,I do consider you and the other good people on here my friends,I share experiences that I don't with any other people.I would like to catch up for a coldy with you though.

Reactions: Lynne
Train whistles....they take me back to my hometown and make me think of my mom. I hear them now and it's zap...right back there immediately.

The Mists of Avalon....the book that brought me many self truths and courage in a time I had none.
I still have to read that book.

The smell of Cape Jasminegardinia flowers. The house that I was raised in had a big Cape Jasmine bush on each corner. On hot humid nights with the windows open the house would be flooded with that smell and to this day it is sort of the smell of home to me. I have a big one that I have planted beside the front porch where I live now.