Marvel Has Set Up Iron Man’s MCU Return For 10 Years

True, however Iron Man returning would be awesome. :D
This is fun news, but since he died in the last movie the story line is going to be interesting for sure. There is a trend toward female superheroes of which I am not feeling it. So my guess is it will be his daughter who becomes the next Iron "Madin", see what I did there lol.

Who remembers the original Iron Man?

TOS 90 Old Iron Man.jpg

It's either going to be another franchise destroying reboot, a prequel, or it's going to be set in an alternate universe/timeline. The latter would be the most plausible choice, as it would make the most sense logically for Downey to return if offered or interested.

This is fun news, but since he died in the last movie the story line is going to be interesting for sure. There is a trend toward female superheroes of which I am not feeling it. So my guess is it will be his daughter who becomes the next Iron "Madin", see what I did there lol.
Well in the comics they did have a female version of the character named Iron Heart.

download (5).jpeg

She is not Tony's daughter though, just teenager who is smart enough to build her own suit.

As for how they can bring Tony Stark back from the dead, well there have been rumors about that floating around for a bit about doing a complete retcon, reset and de-cannoning of the MCU. This was most definitely something not pre-planned as many, many things would have been done very differently. This is a desperate "Hail Mary" attempt to make MCU movies profitable again.

WARNING: I'm about to go full Comic Book Nerd mode. This will contain Avengers Endgame Spoilers.

In the Endgame storyline Thanos uses the Infinity Gauntlet to erase half the population of the Universe. This sets up the fight to defeat Thanos and undo The Snap. In Endgame when the Avengers get the Infinity Stones they create their own Gauntlet and save the Universe with their own Snap. But if you remember from the movie, the Avengers get two Snaps. The first is when Hulk Snaps and brings back everyone who Thanos erased while the second Snap was Iron Man erasing Thanos and his army. One of the plot points was that Black Widow had sacrificed her life to get the Soul Stone and Hulk wanted desperately to get her back with his Snap but that didn't work. Instead, since Hulk was so focused on a female in Black Widow, this first Snap didn't just bring back everyone who had been erased but it also created an alternate reality that was much more female centric. Which is why there was suddenly a shift to female superheroes. In order for this reality to maintain balance male heroes had to go away which is why Tony Stark and T'Challa die and Steve Rogers retires. When Tony makes the second Snap it not only destroys Thanos but brings back and fixes the original reality where all the Avengers are alive and well. The idea is that all movies and shows from WandaVision going forward all take place in Hulks Universe and get erased by Tony's Snap which returns the Audience back to the "real" Marvel Universe.

Well in the comics they did have a female version of the character named Iron Heart.

View attachment 53426

She is not Tony's daughter though, just teenager who is smart enough to build her own suit.

As for how they can bring Tony Stark back from the dead, well there have been rumors about that floating around for a bit about doing a complete retcon, reset and de-cannoning of the MCU. This was most definitely something not pre-planned as many, many things would have been done very differently. This is a desperate "Hail Mary" attempt to make MCU movies profitable again.

WARNING: I'm about to go full Comic Book Nerd mode. This will contain Avengers Endgame Spoilers.

In the Endgame storyline Thanos uses the Infinity Gauntlet to erase half the population of the Universe. This sets up the fight to defeat Thanos and undo The Snap. In Endgame when the Avengers get the Infinity Stones they create their own Gauntlet and save the Universe with their own Snap. But if you remember from the movie, the Avengers get two Snaps. The first is when Hulk Snaps and brings back everyone who Thanos erased while the second Snap was Iron Man erasing Thanos and his army. One of the plot points was that Black Widow had sacrificed her life to get the Soul Stone and Hulk wanted desperately to get her back with his Snap but that didn't work. Instead, since Hulk was so focused on a female in Black Widow, this first Snap didn't just bring back everyone who had been erased but it also created an alternate reality that was much more female centric. Which is why there was suddenly a shift to female superheroes. In order for this reality to maintain balance male heroes had to go away which is why Tony Stark and T'Challa die and Steve Rogers retires. When Tony makes the second Snap it not only destroys Thanos but brings back and fixes the original reality where all the Avengers are alive and well. The idea is that all movies and shows from WandaVision going forward all take place in Hulks Universe and get erased by Tony's Snap which returns the Audience back to the "real" Marvel Universe.
Steve you did an amazing job of explaining this, I think I actually got it.