Long hair is supernatural!

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score
There has been a post that's spread like wildfire over the past few years about a woman looking through some supposedly classified research documents regarding rangers either keeping long hair or getting a regulation haircut. This supposedly took place around the Korean War.

Snopes proves that this story is false and there is no evidence supporting the idea that the US military has ever done such research.

Nonetheless I think a lot of us with long hair knows what's up.

The Spiritual Nature of Hair and the Truth About Hair and Why American Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

This is a site I found with some decent information on the long hair phenomenon, and why long hair has been so significant over the course of millennia.

Great, you can add this thread to your list of long hair stuff! Btw, here's the snopes article I found.
FACT CHECK: Native American Scouts’ Long Hair Provided “Almost Supernatural” Tracking Abilities During Vietnam War

Not gonna discredit the entire story, as I still believe that the science and understanding of the "long hair phenomenon" is still valid and the first link you put in your comment has value nonetheless
We went right to the source here. We talked to our own member who is 100% American who backs up the fact it can have spiritual significance.

And Snopes has also been proven to be wrong many times lately so I don't hold them as a final say anymore.

We went right to the source here. We talked to our own member who is 100% American who backs up the fact it can have spiritual significance.

And Snopes has also been proven to be wrong many times lately so I don't hold them as a final say anymore.
Don't use snopes........ check.

Don't forget I got hair that covers my shoulder blades :p since 2013 I stopped getting my hair buzzed to #2 once a month. And since then I became more attuned to my surroundings every day. It was sorta shocking at first. I know it's spiritually significance don't get me wrong.

Btw I wasn't disproving the thing about long hair, I just question the story of how the information came to public knowledge originally.

Reactions: Debi
Don't use snopes........ check.

Don't forget I got hair that covers my shoulder blades :p since 2013 I stopped getting my hair buzzed to #2 once a month. And since then I became more attuned to my surroundings every day. It was sorta shocking at first. I know it's spiritually significance don't get me wrong.

Btw I wasn't disproving the thing about long hair, I just question the story of how the information came to public knowledge originally.
Hey, I was just loaning you material from stories we've carried here. It's a good topic.

Reactions: Lynne

That's true. About 10 years ago I went on there just to see what they said about something that I actually knew was true, and of course, they tried to cover it up. I had already had a bad vibe from them before that just because of how arrogant they are, but when I discovered this, then I realized they're most likely a propaganda tool.

I used to have hair past my shoulders (for a couple years), which I know is socially stigmatized to a certain degree because I'm male. But honestly, the only reason I did, was because other musicians did it and I wanted to fit in with the crowd I felt like I belonged with at the time. I hated how hot it made me feel in the summer. I didn't know that almond oil was good for frizzy hair. That would have helped me, because my hair looked awful. Another reason I felt that it looked awful was because I wished I had straight hair, because the waves in my hair didn't make it look good IMO.

But perhaps the way hair is aligned is our own personal customization to help receive the beneficial energy in the way that's optimized for us individually..