Living person visited me in spirit/energy?

Ashley

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here so hello to everyone.

I basically came here as I have no idea where to begin looking for an explanation to what I experienced a few nights ago, and thought maybe someone here may be able to expand on it or has experienced similar.

My story is;

Me and my ex broke up back in November. They were/are the love of my life and It hit me extremely hard, to the point i attempted suicide. I was beyond heartbroken. The bond and connection we shared was unbelieveable and extremely strong until we split quite suddenly.

Since then, despite 3 awful months, I have come through as a completely new person and feel amazing, thanks to meditation and chakra cleansing etc.

Anyway, on Saturday night/Sunday morning, I did a guided meditation in bed (which I've been doing every night for over a month now).

I fell asleep doing it and woke up around an hour or so later. When i woke, it's hard to describe in words, other than to say, I felt and knew my ex was in the room with me, but obviously not physically, their energy or spirit.

I literally knew they were there, I had this knowing feeling. There was no doubt in my mind, I could feel them.

I have never, ever had anything like this before except my Nan visiting me after she died,
but this was completely different.

I felt their presence and energy without a doubt. Not physically but almost mentally, it;'s really hard for me to explain other than that tbh. I just KNEW they were here without doubt and as real as i was lying on a matress!

It was so real that it actually un-nerved me a little bit and so i turned over to check my phone to make sure i wasnt dreaming, as i thought how can this be real???

As i checked my phone, the battery percentage was a number that we both used to see all the time just before, and during the first few months of us meeting, which is what I believe to be our angel number. I have been seeing this number show up everywhere recently (since I started meditating) and asking for signs as well. I literally gave this number as a sign I wanted during prayer one day and later that night got exactly that number with something relating to my manifest wishes.

I dont know what to make of this event.

Has anyone ever heard of or experienced similar??? The experience was completely positive with no bad energy or feeling at all.

Infact, earlier in the night before this happened, i had a weird tingling sensation in my knees/lower legs and like butterflies in my stomach, which I didnt understand. They were good/positive feeling butterflies like you get when you're excited.

Short while later I had this overwhelming sense of knowing that somethint was going to happen that night, which I actually thought was going to be me astral projecting which i've been trying to do for a while now.

Sorry this is so long and thanks if anyone makes it all the way to the bottom :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
hi Ashley, welcome to the ParaNormalForum. Is more than one person visiting you. Who is the they that you reference ?

hi Ashley, welcome to the ParaNormalForum. Is more than one person visiting you. Who is the they that you reference ?
Hi there Christie :)

It's my ex partner and it only happened this one night. I've had dreams about them also almost constantly, but this was a feeling of them being present in the room (i couldnt see them) with me and I was 100% awake....

I know for a fact as i checked my phone to ensure I wasnt dreaming and then screenshotted the battery percentage and have the screenshot on my phone. This wasn't a dream.

Reactions: 7Critter
Hi Ashley. Welcome to the forum!

OK, I'm a bit like 7Christie there.....I'm confused by the term "them" when you refer to your ex partner. This is just one person, right? Not multiple people "them"?

Hi Ashley. Welcome to the forum!

OK, I'm a bit like 7Christie there.....I'm confused by the term "them" when you refer to your ex partner. This is just one person, right? Not multiple people "them"?

Hi Debi :)

Sorry for any confusion, I just mean my ex partner.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
Hi Debi :)

Sorry for any confusion, I just mean my ex partner.
No problem! Just wanted to be clear on that one! lol
Now, yes, living beings can stop by and visit. If they are astral projecting, or in dream state, it's possible. We're all connected in the universe. I know that sounds a bit woo woo, but it's a fact that is now being proven scientifically.

I've had this type of visitation before. When my mom was very ill she'd pop in at night.

No problem! Just wanted to be clear on that one! lol
Now, yes, living beings can stop by and visit. If they are astral projecting, or in dream state, it's possible. We're all connected in the universe. I know that sounds a bit woo woo, but it's a fact that is now being proven scientifically.

I've had this type of visitation before. When my mom was very ill she'd pop in at night.

Really? So what I felt was possibly my ex's spirit visiting me in the astral state?

I know that that is possible. I have actually tried to astral project myself. I believe I have once but unintended. The reason it is more amazing to me is because since I've been meditating I am having all sorts of syncronicities and 'coincidences' occur relating to us.

So I was wondering if maybe I've reached a higher consciousness through my meditation or if maybe the universe is just working to reconnect us. Anyway it's really interesting and thanks so much for your answer.

Was your mum aware she was doing this at all?

Reactions: 7Critter
Really? So what I felt was possibly my ex's spirit visiting me in the astral state?

I know that that is possible. I have actually tried to astral project myself. I believe I have once but unintended. The reason it is more amazing to me is because since I've been meditating I am having all sorts of syncronicities and 'coincidences' occur relating to us.

So I was wondering if maybe I've reached a higher consciousness through my meditation or if maybe the universe is just working to reconnect us. Anyway it's really interesting and thanks so much for your answer.

Was your mum aware she was doing this at all?
She was a few times. I would ask her if she went anywhere in her dreams and she would tell me she saw me.

One thing I will warn you about, Ashley. Don't read into your experiences that the universe is trying to reconnect you back to someone. Sometimes it's all part of the letting go process and not rejoining. Be open to all possibles here. Sometimes, what we hope is not our highest good.

I am one of the "old crones", or wise women, at age 65. Let me just tell you that you will be growing continuously. Meditation is an excellent step towards finding your way on the spiritual path, but it is never ending. The learning and growing continues life long. You may think you have no where to grow at some points, then the universe goes and shows us otherwise.

Ashley I too am confused by your use of the plural form in regards to your ex. Are you in another country ? Sometimes the language is confusing if so. Welcome to the forum.
It seems you had some kind of expierence. It may have been the ex or another spirit, or nothing at all. When meditating you raise your vibration and you may just of been conscious of another spirit in the room.
Was your ex into these type of practices? This is not something that someone can usually do at will without practice. I would say don’t worry about it and don’t put too much thought into this unless it happens again. It just may have been you waking from a dream about him you don’t remember.