Let's talk Trump

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I decided I'd drop a bit of controversy into the mix tonight! lol

Donald Trump. He's all over the news, and I heard Art Bell on an interview say he'd like to interview him. So, let's talk the Don.

He appears to be a love him or hate him kind of guy. But he also appears to be speaking some truths that need to be heard. His poll numbers are on the rise as well and the Republican Party is really unhappy with him. Since he's not a politician, they can't seem to shut him up and control him.

Soooo....how do you feel about the man? How about his ideas? Love him or hate him?

And for our international members, how are you guys seeing this from the outside of our politics?

Speak up! What say you?

Every Democrat in the country is absolutely loving the level of attention being paid to Trump. The best case scenario for them, of course, is that he loses the Republican nomination and runs as a third party candidate and splits the right's vote. The Republican Party leadership will never allow him to get very far as a candidate, but for the moment he's performing the role they need him to.

Speaking only for myself, I think Trump is a bit of a bigot and an anti-intellectual who creates a message catered to the lowest common denominator and which requires very little political or economic insight to understand. I'm not saying everything out of his mouth is garbage - some criticisms and thoughts have been very valid. But like I said, he'll never actually get the party nomination, so it's all rather moot in the end.

Last edited:
What pulls people to him? Is it the fact he's speaking clearly what he feels without a filter unlike most politicians? Or is it actually his platform and ideas for leading the country?

There's also something to be said about Star Power as well. Trump isn't just a name, it's a brand as well. And his face has been all over tv for last couple of years. That's giving him a big advantage as well.

Reactions: Debi
I would like to hear that interview. But i don't know if Trump would agree to come on the show. You know Art would ask him some tough questions. It could either be a great discussion or it could explode into a pretty tense interview. With Trump it could go either way.

There are lots of pissed off people in this country right now, fed up with a President who rules by decree and a Congress which has abdicated it's responsibilities. Trump strikes a chord with those people because he says the things no one else will. I might be representative of the " lowest common denominator" but I find his brashness refreshing. I doubt he will win the nomination, but he should at least make the primaries interesting.

The next President has already been chosen and he/she will toe the line as with previous Presidents with the exception of JFK ! Have they given the nod to Hilary or Jeb and maybe Trump though I suspect Hilary will be the one chosen , her record in office perfectly fits in with the required criteria !