Largest neolithic group sighting

Rowan2222

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
This one was unexpected that is for sure.

I was just getting interested in my local area so was seeking out the old places to explore.

I found signs to "Daviot stone circle" -so drove up there. It has a car park shared with a scout hut, but otherwise deserted, and a small path leads up through trees to a stone circle that is inside a fenced area. -

loanheadofdaviot1.jpg

It was late evening and I walked around the circle once, then made my way to the centre and sat facing the inner little circle.

Next thing I see is about 50 people stood all around the outside!
All wearing sort of off white long robes like dressing gowns with a centre belt. Mostly in their 40s-50's. Women with braided hair, a couple of kids but mostly older people! they were not happy I was in their centre space - so I quickly left and apologised on the way out.

I returned a few weeks later, went around the outside - but this time stayed outside. I could see a few people on the far side, not as many this time, but they seemed happier, and one even waved at me timidly. they were talking to each other but I couldn't hear them.

Next time I visited was closer to winter, and brought my partner along. After a few minutes she had a panic attack, felt like she was being chased like there was some kind of attack on the place and felt as though she was running while pregnant (which she wasn't). We left.

I did some reading on the place and this picture explains a bit -
21659780610_e29652c143_b.jpg

Archaeologists have excavated this site in the 70's and found another ring (pictured above). This was found to contain the remains of many burned bodies and was considered to be a crematorium site from the Bronze age. - Which may explain the number of spirits still there?
My thoughts are - was it a ceremonial site first, and those that were attacked there are now buried there?

From what I saw - the inner stones are all wrong, and is just a mess left after the archaeologists had dug it over. From what I saw they were all laid flat like a pavement so you could walk on it.

Also saw a red deer there one evening - about 15 feet away. Very quiet spot.

Just looking again at this, I hadn't noticed the open ends of the grave site before, and could be what is left of a neolithic passage grave. Something they forgot to mention? This would mean the ends are aligned to allow light down them at the winter solsitice. Obviously ruined when they dug it over.

Nice pics. This is in Scotland ? You do have some amazing visions.

Yes this is Scotland.
That one had a bad vibe about it - probably because of the attacks and burials.

This is East Aquhorthies Stone Circle - a lot nicer feeling, and has an older male guardian type spirit there....and music in the past. Flutes and drums mostly.
0ac2bc31d9be389bef27b20600071563.jpg

This one has a bridle path beside it but otherwise untouched. It also has a low wall around it to keep the sheep out I would think.
......still used today by the community.

Reactions: Lynne
Yes this is Scotland.
That one had a bad vibe about it - probably because of the attacks and burials.

This is East Aquhorthies Stone Circle - a lot nicer feeling, and has an older male guardian type spirit there....and music in the past. Flutes and drums mostly.
0ac2bc31d9be389bef27b20600071563.jpg

This one has a bridle path beside it but otherwise untouched. It also has a low wall around it to keep the sheep out I would think.
......still used today by the community.
Is it the path that is still used ? Or the circle itself ? Rituals? That is a good pic. Thanks for sharing. It must be amazing to see in person.