Land Line phones ending

This doesn’t surprise me, I don’t know anyone who still has a land line anymore. Even my parents who arnt into tech at all gave theirs up.

I finally gave up my LL about a year ago because there was no point in having 2 phones when I use them so little anyway.

I hate "smart" phones and only have a geezer flip phone now.

As I've mentioned before, we have a landline phone strictly because Mrs Duke uses it to call her cell phone when she mislays it. I have found a gizmo similar to that used to locate lost keys that will attach to her cell. I'm still trying to sell her on that unit.

I finally gave up my LL about a year ago because there was no point in having 2 phones when I use them so little anyway.

I hate "smart" phones and only have a geezer flip phone now.
I hate smart phones, too. I have one but rarely use it; but that doesn't stop the places that I do business with trying to have me download apps. Why would I try to use something that I fear dropping or pushing the wrong button on, when I can sit comfortably in front of my monitor and sip a cup of tea?

I also agree with points made in that article about poor connectivity and rural areas, as well as elderly who are not familiar or comfortable with technology. There have been many times when we have been grateful for landlines during power outages!

I hate smart phones, too. I have one but rarely use it; but that doesn't stop the places that I do business with trying to have me download apps. Why would I try to use something that I fear dropping or pushing the wrong button on, when I can sit comfortably in front of my monitor and sip a cup of tea?

I also agree with points made in that article about poor connectivity and rural areas, as well as elderly who are not familiar or comfortable with technology. There have been many times when we have been grateful for landlines during power outages!
My hubs has his very old flip phone and can't even answer my phone...and I have an easy phone to deal with. Very basic. No bells and whistles.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I am considering getting a more basic phone like you describe, Debi. I really don't need all that junk they load onto these phones nowadays. I rarely talk on the cell phone, and sometimes take pics, and the rare text. On my "landline" phone we use Voip through our internet provider, so I don't really notice a difference.

"Smart" phones give me a headache after just a few minutes of use. I can feel the radiation from them.

"Smart" phones give me a headache after just a few minutes of use. I can feel the radiation from them.
There's that, too. I had mentioned this sensitivity here before; I also can't use cordless telephones, and microwave ovens are iffy.

Reactions: crux