Lady in Red

I'm taking this one with a pinch of salt. A very controversial capture amongst the paranormal community here in the UK that has led to a lot of debate and dismissed by a number of official groups.

Problem is, the capture of the figure has been taken from a paused video-of-a-video. As such, the quality is really poor. Nobody has seen the original file that the gent claims to have despite numerous requests for a copy. The issue with this is that there is just no evidence of what was there before or after this figure was captured - no pre or post evidence to substantiate his claims. What is in the video link is all we see, as the capturer zooms in on his phone's video when it is on pause. What happened after this moment was captured?

Another interesting point to raise is that in all the years of documented paranormal phenomena at this particular site (there are three documented entities at the site), witnessed both by staff and visitors, there has never been a 'lady in red' ever reported before.

Interestingly, the gent has since taken the video offline due to 'embarrassment to the establishment'. Why was this embarrassing to the establishment? National Trust generally likes the reporting of ghosts at their sites as it draws in additional visitors. Is it embarrassing because there was a totally logical explanation for the figure being there?

I'm taking this one with a pinch of salt. A very controversial capture amongst the paranormal community here in the UK that has led to a lot of debate and dismissed by a number of official groups.

Problem is, the capture of the figure has been taken from a paused video-of-a-video. As such, the quality is really poor. Nobody has seen the original file that the gent claims to have despite numerous requests for a copy. The issue with this is that there is just no evidence of what was there before or after this figure was captured - no pre or post evidence to substantiate his claims. What is in the video link is all we see, as the capturer zooms in on his phone's video when it is on pause. What happened after this moment was captured?

Another interesting point to raise is that in all the years of documented paranormal phenomena at this particular site (there are three documented entities at the site), witnessed both by staff and visitors, there has never been a 'lady in red' ever reported before.

Interestingly, the gent has since taken the video offline due to 'embarrassment to the establishment'. Why was this embarrassing to the establishment? National Trust generally likes the reporting of ghosts at their sites as it draws in additional visitors. Is it embarrassing because there was a totally logical explanation for the figure being there?
I'm not sure what you mean by "official groups." Does that imply some sort of certification, and if so, by who/what agency?

Reactions: Black Cloud
I'm not sure what you mean by "official groups." Does that imply some sort of certification, and if so, by who/what agency?
When I talk about official groups, I'm talking about groups like ASSAP (Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena), IAPI (International Alliance of Paranormal investigators) and SPR (Society for Psychical Research) based here in the UK.

When I talk about official groups, I'm talking about groups like ASSAP (Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena), IAPI (International Alliance of Paranormal investigators) and SPR (Society for Psychical Research) based here in the UK.
Ok, established groups. I know SPR has been around since the spiritualist movement in the late 1800s.

Not related here but in chinese tradition, if a woman wants to take revenge after death,she would commit suicide wearing a red dress.
But interestingly I found this in wikipedia about an Irish character, when searching for Lady in Red. "Leap Castle is claimed to be haunted by a Red Lady who is holding a dagger. It is reported she committed suicide after being captured and raped"

Reactions: Debi
Ok, established groups. I know SPR has been around since the spiritualist movement in the late 1800s.
SPR was formed in February 1882. Very 'academic' based (professors and other University professionals make up the administrative membership) and very helpful when it comes to us sending evidence into them to be scrutinised. ASSAP has been around since 1981 and covers all aspects of the paranormal. They have a really good website with huge amounts of information on everything from processing EVPs to UFOs. They also hold monthly webinars for members (you can view these on Youtube a week or so after we have watched them 'live' online). IAPI is the 'new kid on the block' forming back in 2017. These are part of the Paranormal Academy UK organisation and membership is free, but you have to meet certain criteria to apply in regards to qualifications and/or your experience in the field.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I thought wow a good ghost pic lol, now I’m thinking maybe not after reading your thoughts.