My hubs and son's favorite cookies.

408328_297870043585674_751519153_n.jpg

Kolacky-Polish Christmas Cookies.
Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick = 4 ounces) butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
fruit preserves (raspberry, pineapple cherry)
Directions:
Beat butter and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add flour; beat at low speed until mixture forms soft dough. Divide dough ball in half; wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Preheat oven to 375*F. Roll out dough, half at a time, on floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 2-1/2 inch squares. Spoon 1 tsp. preserves into center of each square. Bring up two opposite corners to center; pinch together tightly to seal. Fold sealed tip to one side; pinch to seal. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

I dust them with powdered sugar. I also use Solo fillings of apricot and raspberry which work out much better than preserves.

Umm, yummy! Here in PA we call these Kiffels. BTW, what are Solo fillings?

I see! I also find that pastry and pie fillings hold together much better than preserves. I will have to try this on Kiffels since I haven't made any for awhile.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
I see! I also find that pastry and pie fillings hold together much better than preserves. I will have to try this on Kiffels since I haven't made any for awhile.
My grandmother was Croation and owned a restaurant for years. She made this professionally and it's the only filling she'd use. This holds together beautifully.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I've said it before but I feel I'm living in a third world country when it comes to food. Except when it comes to Indian food, Scotland and particularly the west of the country has the best outside of India. Not to everyone's taste for sure but it's practically a staple here.