Jon Stewart stepping down from Daily Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup! I just got an alert on several news feeds.

"... he transformed the show into a powerful and respected voice in American media." :D:D He is a leftist comedian, only "respected" by his fans, not all of America.

It's so funny when a left site like Huffington reports something, then by God EVERYBODY must agree and we should all be in mourning because a comedian is retiring.

"He was even named one of America's most trusted news sources in a 2009 poll." :D:D News source?! He's a freaking comedian, not a "news source"! LOL And the "poll", from left-wing Time Magazine - let's just say skewed.

I'm not even saying he's not a good comedian, although I don't happen to think he is. But let's keep it in perspective - he is a comedian and satirist, not a "news source" or anchor. LOL

His act is two-dimensional, and completely predictable. It has been the same act for 15 years: take anything conservative or right of center and make fun of it at the expense of wholesome people with values and morals. I know when push comes to shove, I'd rather have a strong, close group of friends that have strong moral values, than sheeple who think everything is a big joke just because they're high or drunk and can't handle the real world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
Believe it or not, I've never even seen his show.
I've tried to watch it, just for comedy value, but have never been entertained. He takes some news topic of the day, twists it to fit the liberal agenda and bash the conservatives, and then the audience laughs like a bunch of sheep. Rinse, repeat. He's a one-trick pony, that just gets superficial laughs with shallow humor to fit the audience.

Sorry to all the Stewart fans out there, this is just my opinion on the guy and how it makes a much bigger statement about the sad situation this country is in when the people who vote the most powerful person in the world into office think a comedian is an unbiased newscaster.

My nieces and nephews "believe" everything he says is unbiased factual "news" - that is what is alarming. No critical thinking that okay, this guy's job is to make me laugh, but what is the story REALLY about.

Stewart is so popular, and the country is so dumbed-down, that I could actually see the guy getting elected into political office - and I am NOT kidding. Look at the buffoon Al Franken. Same exact scenario. Thinks he's funny, tears apart anything conservative, SNL-minded backing, and people who thought it would be "cool" for him to be a politician, and voila, he's in office.

Reactions: Debi
Believe it or not, I've never even seen his show.
I've seen a bit here and there, but never intentionally sat down to watch it. I don't feel any gaping hole in my life because of it. :rolleyes:

My nieces and nephews "believe" everything he says is unbiased factual "news" - that is what is alarming. No critical thinking that okay, this guy's job is to make me laugh, but what is the story REALLY about.

Stewart is so popular, and the country is so dumbed-down, that I could actually see the guy getting elected into political office - and I am NOT kidding. Look at the buffoon Al Franken. Same exact scenario. Thinks he's funny, tears apart anything conservative, SNL-minded backing, and people who thought it would be "cool" for him to be a politician, and voila, he's in office.

Yep, my concern is that a lot of twenty-somethings get their news from this guy, with no other sources at all. And I agree totally that he could get elected to some political office. Barring an outright win, there would be enough "found votes" (a la Al Franken) to send him to victory.

Reactions: Seahunter
I've seen a bit here and there, but never intentionally sat down to watch it. I don't feel any gaping hole in my life because of it. :rolleyes:

Yep, my concern is that a lot of twenty-somethings get their news from this guy, with no other sources at all. And I agree totally that he could get elected to some political office. Barring an outright win, there would be enough "found votes" (a la Al Franken) to send him to victory.
I can just see it now - a ticket with Stewart and Colbert would win hands-down. Sadly, they wouldn't even need the mysteriously found, long-deceased persons' votes. :rolleyes::eek:

Reactions: surge
Status
Not open for further replies.