Jimmy Buffett

I was never much of a Buffett fan, but the guy's shows in Cincinnati were an annual event like no other. He played at a place called "Riverbend," a large (20k+) outdoor venue along the Ohio River. He played there 54 times. For many, his concert was THE party of the year.

I expect the Cincinnati media, particularly the Enquirer newspaper, to do extensive stories on his history with the city.

His life is a good example of quality not quantity. He had fun every day, he probably lived more in his 70 years than most who live to 90. I hope he is having a margarita with the angels, have one for me Jimmy, cheers.

Reactions: Selectric
I was never much of a Buffett fan, but the guy's shows in Cincinnati were an annual event like no other. He played at a place called "Riverbend," a large (20k+) outdoor venue along the Ohio River. He played there 54 times. For many, his concert was THE party of the year.

I expect the Cincinnati media, particularly the Enquirer newspaper, to do extensive stories on his history with the city.
I wasn’t either. My sister, was a “parrothead” to the core. I saw him live about 20 years ago. If you love Island music, you would have been in Heaven. I was not… in heaven lol. If I remember correctly, Little Richard….yes, you read that right, opened the show.

Reactions: Selectric and Paulm
Sorry to hear of his passing. My favorite moment and song:

that is a good one, i think my favorite would be this one.

His life is a good example of quality not quantity. He had fun every day, he probably lived more in his 70 years than most who live to 90. I hope he is having a margarita with the angels, have one for me Jimmy, cheers.
along the east coast and gulf beach towns he definitely influenced the culture. his shows would sell out within 15 minutes of going on sale....huge following

Reactions: Selectric
Bummer about Buffet. I spent quite a bit of time in the Bahamas in the 80's....he was the king of Bimini and the Keys

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric