It's the end of the world (As we know it...)

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is the big day! The day everyone fears is the end....again. So, what makes this such a significant day and or week? Here's a few things:

It's a Shemitah Year
http://www.shemitah-blood-moons.net/

We have an eclipse coming causing a blood moon

We have the Fall equinox

We have CERN going full power tomorrow

We're in Mercury Retro

We have the Pope addressing Congress on Thursday and landing in the US today

Those are just my top rated hits for the week that come to mind. There is a sense of heightened anxiety in the world at the moment as well. To many of us it feels as if we are at the edge of some paradigm shift that is fast approaching.

I know most people will see this time period as nothing but superstition, but I have to ask you this....with the current mind set of people, are we on the verge of something new? Is that paradigm shift upon us? If it's not the end of the world, is it a new beginning on how we think about this current world?

And, just in case, are you ready for the end? What if you found out that meteor really is going to strike, hmmm?

Last edited:
OK, I agree, Surge, BUT...do these kind of events "change" the mindset of the world in general? Does the anxiety and stress flow over into world events and change things? aka the Pope visit....with the 'threat" of the world ending, is his message of global warming more likely to be better received because we are all "expecting" to kill ourselves off anyway?

IF Lenny Bruce is NOT afraid.....
please explain...
how any of us can be ??????
see ya all Thursday....
(Lab coat on and Large Hadron Rap playing in background....just in case)

You say that as though it is a bad thing.
Official missile sile T-shirt:
61Btti60A8L._UX385_.jpg

Reactions: surge
Has anyone checked out the eggs as of late. I know the other night there had been no data to report. The pope could do this global warming speech anywhere he wanted to, why does he choose to do it here? Will it be better received? Maybe by his followers, but I don't know that it would be any different than hearing it from all of the others for the rest of the people. The paradigm shift, all I know is that in my circle everyone is being challenged, tested, feeling off. What this all means, I wish I had an answer. These things come in their own time, and I certainly hope a group of scientists won't challenge nature and universe in speeding it along. Will I be sitting in a fallout shelter? Nope. I've got two appointments and too many other things to get done tomorrow, so will leave it to source. If it's our time to go, then so be it. I personally think we will all be back here, doing what we do the next day. I'll bring some celebration cupcakes. :D

:grinning: OK TIME FOR MAPHOO'S LESS DEPRESSING THAN DEBI'S END OF THE WORLD SPEECH

Here's a few things:
Snip
We have an eclipse coming causing a blood moon
Too bad we'll miss that. I had that marked on the old calendar that had all the years dates on it.

We have the Fall equinox
Yeah I don't know if the if week's gonna hold out quite that long either, the equinox is going to occur at 4:21 am (won't miss Art!!)

We have CERN going full power tomorrow
That's probably what's going to make everything implode!

We're in Mercury Retro
I think it's just racing to get the heck out of our zip code!

We have the Pope addressing Congress on Thursday and landing in the US today
Just squeezing in one last vacation.

Those are just my top rated hits for the week that come to mind. There is a sense of heightened anxiety in the world at the moment as well. To many of us it feels as if we are at the edge of some paradigm shift that is fast approaching.
Well one paradigm is just as equal to another paradigm, No matter how you shift them, you still ain't even got a quarter.

I know most people will see this time period as nothing but superstition, but I have to ask you this....with the current mind set of people, are we on the verge of something new? Is that paradigm shift upon us? If it's not the end of the world, is it a new beginning on how we think about this current world?
It could be, it could be. But I just think this is the day for the superstitious to reshuffle our deck of fate, and pick a new date to be scared (or laugh at)

And, just in case, are you ready for the end? What if you found out that meteor really is going to strike, hmmm?
I'm ready, I know the drill. If I had a penny for every predicted end of the world, I'd have at least a pair of dimes.

Last edited: