It's all in the name....

I felt like using my real name on this forum was important. I wanted to own my words and be responsible and true. I am on other sights that I use a screen name but it’s just for information and chat about nonsense.

When I name my pets, I ask them their name. Sometimes I hear a name in my head and sometimes I don’t. I have no idea if it’s real communication or my imagination. However it seems to be a good way to pick a name. My recent kitten named himself clearly in my opinion. I asked him his name and I got a very matter of fact “Toby”. I think names are important. Words are powerful, so I often consider that too.

When I name my pets, I ask them their name. Sometimes I hear a name in my head and sometimes I don’t. I have no idea if it’s real communication or my imagination. However it seems to be a good way to pick a name. My recent kitten named himself clearly in my opinion. I asked him his name and I got a very matter of fact “Toby”. I think names are important. Words are powerful, so I often consider that too.
When an animal shares it's name, that's a good sign you have been chosen by them. I'm so glad Toby shared his name with you!

And you are right about words. It is especially difficult with the written word at times as showing emotion or inflections as meant can be difficult. I have to be careful to add emoticons/emoji's sometimes to make intentions clear sometimes.