It was Epic!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What’s the most epic way you’ve seen someone quit or be fired?

Reactions: Paintman
A greenkeeper in Sydney at a bowling club in the next suburb to where I worked. Nice guy but the laziest person I know sprayed his greens with half strength Roundup, a total kill herbicide so he didn't have to mow so much lol. The green died in strips :eek: where he overlapped the spray. He was sacked and could never get another greenkeeping job again.

Best exit I ever got to watch was at a pizza place where they have a window to watch the kitchen. Teen boy got aggravated and pitched a HUGE bag of flour across the room. The entire kitchen looked like a flour bomb went off! lol Couldn't see much in there for a few minutes, but you could hear it!

• Haha
Reactions: ozentity and Lynne
In a big time program review, the chief engineer I worked for was briefing the wing commander (O-6/colonel) on our program status. At one point the colonel asked if we'd completed a specific programmatic process. He replied we had not, and that doing so was a waste of time and not value added. He then said, "I'd like to know who the idiot was who required this." The colonel replied, "That would be me."

We had a new chief engineer the following Monday.

I've seen a few stuntmen carried off the set that didn't return. So, you could call that quitting, I guess. Stunt work is not glamorous. They can get seriously hurt in what seems like the simplest stunts. One instance was on a sit-com stage and a stunt double for one of the actors was supposed to do a simple (for him) backflip and land on his feet. Only there was this table in the way and he hit his head on the edge as he flipped back. Knocked him out cold.

I wish I had a good story lol. I can’t think of any good ones.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
An ex co-worker quit without actually quitting. His excuse involved a trip to Atlanta to be there with his 80 year old grandmother that was having heart transplant surgery. Upon first meeting him, he told me that his family wanted nothing to do with him as a child so his uncle raised him. No mention of a grandmother whatsoever.

The surgery wasn't a success and they were going to try again and after that, he never returned to work. I took his work truck as my own and his territory was divided between myself and three other distributors. Another one quit after an either staged injury or one that was blown way out of proportion - but not before he tried to sue. The guy should have been fired beforehand over shady activities but he wasn't.

Reactions: Lynne
I worked in a Hollywood restaurant/nightclub back in the early 1980s. One day a waitress spilled a big bowl of cream of mushroom soup on Merv Griffin who was a regular lunch patron there. All over his beautiful suede jacket. Merv never came back after that. Neither did the waitress.

Reactions: 7Critter and Duke
I worked in a Hollywood restaurant/nightclub back in the early 1980s. One day a waitress spilled a big bowl of cream of mushroom soup on Merv Griffin who was a regular lunch patron there. All over his beautiful suede jacket. Merv never came back after that. Neither did the waitress.
As Pretty Woman Julia Roberts would say " big mistake, huge mistake."

Reactions: Lynne and Debi