Is Time really flying?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A possible scientific explanation is offered at the very end of this article. Read to the end...

Good article.
I always thought that the idea of novelty in our lives tends to slow things down. In a good way. Unique events are like landmarks to mark time.
But with fewer memorable events like picnics and ball names and restaurant meals there's not so many landmarks today.
Covid sure made everything speed up for me. Blursday is a real thing.

Good article.
I always thought that the idea of novelty in our lives tends to slow things down. In a good way. Unique events are like landmarks to mark time.
But with fewer memorable events like picnics and ball names and restaurant meals there's not so many landmarks today.
Covid sure made everything speed up for me. Blursday is a real thing.
I'm with you on that. It was March yesterday, right?

Seriously, some days I have to come here and check the chat thread to see what day it is.

I'd believe the Earth slowing down idea as my kids also think time is flying.I don't think this means we will pass quicker though, as people and animals seem to be living much longer in the last 50 odd years.

Reactions: Donna Lee and Debi
I enjoyed the article. I've been working from home full-time since March (just before the shut-down of everything) and it seems one day rolls into the other. I thought it was Saturday when I woke up this morning. We were told it'll probably be at least, January 31st before they decide if or when we go back to the office!