Is This Possible?

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Lately, I have been dreaming a lot about being in other countries. In the dreams, I am always disheveled; still in my nightgown and robe, with my hair messy as if I had just risen from my bed. The people around me seem to wonder what I am doing there, sometimes they interact sometimes I am just tolerated. Sometimes it is India, sometimes Africa, and a few nights ago, it was France. At one point a man started speaking to me in fluent French, and I couldn't understand a word. Later I was able to understand him when he spoke in halting English. I can't remember what we talked about though.

Is it possible that I am really somehow visiting these places while asleep? There never seems to be any "story" in these dreams, like most of my dreams do. It really feels as if I am just hanging out with people, wandering around and observing. I would love to know if anyone else has experiences like this? They don't feel like dreams.

This sounds like astral projection. The spirit leaves the body and goes traveling. Now, my question has always been, when we do that, are we perceived as a ghost or spirit to someone else?
That's was what I wondered, too. The people who see me don't appear so much frightened, as puzzled but polite. I wish at least that I was dressed better, if I am going visiting people!;)

Wonder if this might also explain some reports of doppelgängers.
I think it might. Astral projection is one of those things that doesn't really have a lot of "info" to go with it as far as theories, etc. The writing is all about the how to do it but much less on the what is possible from it.

I think it might. Astral projection is one of those things that doesn't really have a lot of "info" to go with it as far as theories, etc. The writing is all about the how to do it but much less on the what is possible from it.
The Buddhist consider it as a siddhi...but even though these are considered " special" abilities they are also considered a hindrance in many ways, a distraction actually that sooner or later will get in the way of further development and growth....... But still there are many stories of how monks would use this ability to project to other places for teaching and lectures when they couldn't have otherwise made it.....

The thing is, I don't know why I do it, or how to control it. Sometimes I wake up exhausted as if I had really traveled. I wonder if my soul has work to do that I don't consciously know about?

The thing is, I don't know why I do it, or how to control it.

Do you meditate, practice yoga or any other deep ponderings, or concentrations exercises...the siddhi's, ( special abilities) are a side effect of this...which is why they can be a distraction, ...what you do with it is your path to choose, their are 2 groups of thought on this, one, that it is to be mastered and one that it is a distraction to be released as they manifest...once you master the meditation they can be used at will and controlled ...( supposedly)..... Look up siddhi and you'll get a better understanding of what I'm saying...( not saying this is the case , but any help may be of use.).

Do you meditate, practice yoga or any other deep ponderings, or concentrations exercises...the siddhi's, ( special abilities) are a side effect of this...which is why they can be a distraction, ...what you do with it is your path to choose, their are 2 groups of thought on this, one, that it is to be mastered and one that it is a distraction to be released as they manifest...once you master the meditation they can be used at will and controlled ...( supposedly)..... Look up siddhi and you'll get a better understanding of what I'm saying...( not saying this is the case , but any help may be of use.).
I will look that up, Paulm! I hadn't heard of it before in my explorations. I don't meditate, but have lately been trying to do some relaxation exercises since I tend to be highly strung if I don't manage it.

Reactions: SierraRocks
This sounds like astral projection. The spirit leaves the body and goes traveling. Now, my question has always been, when we do that, are we perceived as a ghost or spirit to someone else?
My thoughts exactly ! It would be interesting to know if she is traveling in a different time period also. Garnet try to notice the cloths and things around you the next time this happens. Do you think you are lucid during this ? Set an intention to remember and write it all in a journal as soon as you wake. I am interested to know what is really happening. You may be onto something here.