Is this ethical???

People donate their 'parts' for science. Even if it's a death row criminal and their 'parts' are used to create tech that could help someone profoundly, then absolutely yes. If they want to use for some crazy AI stuff or make computers run faster, then absolutely no.

i wonder how long it will take before this is being looked at in the same sense as hybrids. once it becomes sentient, it then would be declared a "living" being due to the cellular makeup...not a long stretch if you think about it. especially with the A.I stuff going on now.....is it ethical??? i dont know, we are reaching a point where ethics is more a perception from which side your standing on, than ever before. our quest for technological advances and immortality will blur those lines even more in the near future i believe.... is it ethical to use animal parts to save ourselves? is it ethical to try and cheat death at the expense of another living creature??? or should we play the hand dealt us and be happy with the time we get, make the most of it, live life fully and then go when it is our time?....hard questions, and hard to truly answer until faced with those choices.....these are the stands and decisions we make that show whether we "walk the walk" or just "talk the talk"..but, im drifting waaaay off topic now, arent I....lol.......sooo, yeah, I dunno.

What is the need to have faster computation, arn't they pretty fast already? I will admit that at the moment with grown cells, there may not be a problem.. I don't see how that would hold a consiousness. Of course its a slippery slope and we have all seen the terminator movies and the enemy Skynet.

I was thinking would the computers have human rights ;th , "how dare you turn me off" but I've heard that from a few ladies before:disappointed:. Joking of course:rolleyes:.

Reactions: Paulm and Selectric
I was thinking would the computers have human rights ;th , "how dare you turn me off" but I've heard that from a few ladies before:disappointed:. Joking of course:rolleyes:.
Star Trek Next Generation had that very debate with the character Data (humanoid robot). It shows both sides and in the end Data was given rights. What worries me is a genius machine that has no emotion.

Sorry, i still think if a bio-tech chip can help a child have use of their limbs again, it's a good thing. As far as ethics, if a condemned criminal who has done nothing but rape and take lives is 'used' to help save lives... poetic.

Sorry, i still think if a bio-tech chip can help a child have use of their limbs again, it's a good thing. As far as ethics, if a condemned criminal who has done nothing but rape and take lives is 'used' to help save lives... poetic.
nothing to be sorry or apologize for. as far as tech is concerned there will be "questionable" advances just as there have always been. there has always been sides taken on animal testing, animal parts such as pig valves for heart surgeries etc...(even though pork is possibly what contributed to the problem to begin with....another irony, huh?...lol)..but human testing has also always been a controversy and will continue to be so for generations to come. we have always been able to find a medium. a line to not cross, but it seems that line is getting thinner and thinner as we progress further.which spills over into the ethics and morals areas, causing what we once considered "taboo" or a "pandoras box" scenario to be less considered. what we do in one area of life has an effect on our life and beliefs overall.. an example is just how much the tech age and internet has changed the way people actually "think" (fundamentally) in todays world compared to the world "we" (pre-internet age) grew up in.......but with this, i wonder if cellular memory could have an effect on how this would work ?... more research will be done, will it be enough,? will the balances of calm minds come to an agreement as they should,? or will the rush of passion and being the "first" prevail?.....we will have to just wait and see, i guess....