Is 'technical trouble' really the problem?

Do you think the evening's guest should be divulged ahead of time?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • 'No'ory

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
As long as he gets enough time travelers and sponsors for the show maybe he won't take a hiatus this time. It's just something you've got to keep in the back of your head. If things aren't going exactly the way he wants them to go he'll do his disappearing act. **Poof Art is gone again**

I understand why art retired quit and so on. I've been in work related situations where on the outside looking in everything looks great. Money, position, ect.. I've had to walk away based on principles, ethics and so on. Friends family think I really screwed up and are critical.

All I'm trying to say is more than likely due to our love for art and his fame I bet it was really hard for him to have done what he did

I think the 7.95 Time Travelers will be essential. Art's diehards were all coming on board this will give him an idea of how much appeal the new show has worldwide. His loyal fans have joined already so I hope a boatload jump in at the new price demonstrating to him we want a very long run from our old radio friend.

I think the 7.95 Time Travelers will be essential. Art's diehards were all coming on board this will give him an idea of how much appeal the new show has worldwide. His loyal fans have joined already so I hope a boatload jump in at the new price demonstrating to him we want a very long run from our old radio friend.

hi Salvadore,

I really think Art can not reach 20-50% of his fans without Free-to-Air Broadcasting as opposed to mere Internet Streaming.

Although close to four-fifths of the United States is now connected in some form to the “broadband” Internet universe, with cable remaining the dominant mode of access across the continent-wide landmass, (according to a new Broadband Media Intelligence report from IHS Inc.)

Approximately 86.1 million U.S. households at the end of the first half of 2013 had broadband Internet access, translating into a 70.2 percent penetration of all American households.

DSL and fiber battle cable for Internet turf

Cable rules as the main form of broadband Internet access for U.S. households with a market share this year exceeding 50 percent.

In comparison, DSL—the second-ranked access technology of note next to cable—is on the decline. At the end of June 2013, the 31 million DSL connections, or 34 percent of the fixed broadband market, had posted a steep decrease of 258,000 lines. DSL has been shrinking by 0.3 percent each quarter for the last year-and-a-half, with Verizon continuing to migrate away from DSL and upgrading consumers to its fiber network. The shrinking of the DSL market continues despite the gains made by AT&T’s U-verse, which is included in the DSL category given its classification as a very-high-bit-rate product. Overall, U-verse inroads have been unable to offset DSL losses.

The problem Art has is that only about 50% of US households actually get enough Internet speed to avoid buffer underflow at 48KBS streaming rate.

Many of Art’s fans were truckers too, who will not get the stream in rural areas either.

I will take more than just “hope” to solve these problems. They can be solved if fans are willing to help Art out here, however.

For starters, we need to ask Art to follow the lead of Liberty Radio Network

http://lrn.fm/listen/online/

http://s2.voscast.com:7392

You can find LRN.FM in North America and Central America on Galaxy 19 at 97 degrees West, Transponder 11, 11929 MHz, Vertical Polarization, Symbol Rate: 22000 , SID: 16, APID: 3016.

that would create a way that everybody in North and Central America could listen over free-to-air satellite with a one-time satellite receiver purchase ($110 us)

then, super-fans with free-to-air satellite receiver could set up local rural low power white-spaces Internet streams to WSWiFi mesh networks to carry the stream the last miles to their rural neighbors with their White Spaces Smart Phones.

With Best Regards,
PlasmonPolariton
Libertalien from the Pleiades Star Cluster

Plasmon, I have a suggestion or two here. First, I am a very non-techi person. I actually took the time to call in a consult from a techie person to explain to me what you were talking about. For many of us, this is something foreign and I would suggest you break that all down into simple, easy to understand layman's terms for more of us to understand the concept. Since you've already explained your reference sources, just go with the bare facts in a simple to understand format for those of us wishing to understand.

Second, you reference Art several times here. You also mention we should ask Art to follow the lead of another network. Before I would encourage people to ask Art to do this (or anything for that matter), I would like to know from Art if he is interested in doing so. He and Keith are building the network, and I would feel that their decisions and wishes on this should take precedent. I'm sure if Art asked for people to become involved, they would, but I would like to know it from him that he wishes it.