Is Earth an intelligent entity?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
thats cool... trees communicate with each other by intertwining their roots.... and they use fungi to further that communication through the soil and a symbiotic relationship with the mushrooms and lichens..... cool when the realization of the whole, the connectedness of all there is comes into play. our arrogance and ego's block the true meaning of life from us and prevents us from breaking free of our own self made traps thinking that is how to achieve "happiness"

What we think of as serendipity could just be everything relaying messages. I was thinking of this this morning and then find it as the question of the day, makes me wonder. I totally agree that everything is connected and either has an over soul or a type of consciousness. How ironic is it that being called a mushroom historically was a slur about being dumb and now we find out they have a vocabulary of at least 50 words. I think we really need to stop clear cutting trees; they are the lungs of the earth and the more we cut down the rain forest, the more we will suffer the effects. The world needs to come tog. to help the people there find another way to provide for their families without clearing the land. I think it is that important. Jesus may have been being literal when he said in Luke 19:40 "I tell you, "he replied", if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out". So often our verbal expressions come from a past experience.

On a funny note, I have always wondered why hangers multiply and if car keys had invisible legs....

Adding to this discussion something I found this morning...

And Lynne, thank you for your comment above and the Bible quote. Much to think about here!

I don't know if we should think about it too much or we might not pick a cabbage, catch a fish or eat any meat, lol, but because we are also part of the earth and food chain I think it's ok to feel ok about food gathering. It's not ok to destroy eco systems, kill for fun and pollute our planet and everyone knows and feels that.

I don't know if we should think about it too much or we might not pick a cabbage, catch a fish or eat any meat, lol, but because we are also part of the earth and food chain I think it's ok to feel ok about food gathering. It's not ok to destroy eco systems, kill for fun and pollute our planet and everyone knows and feels that.
The Circle of Life Knows, perhaps the Earth it's self. I agree, however if I am starving, I will fish, hunt, trap etc....
perhaps that's where karma plays a small role :) idk ;ss

Reactions: ozentity
The Circle of Life Knows, perhaps the Earth it's self. I agree, however if I am starving, I will fish, hunt, trap etc....
perhaps that's where karma plays a small role :) idk ;ss
everything has to eat, hunt, fish, survive.... those are not so much the issues. its our footprint we leave that is the issue. the plastics, the disposable, throw away things not needed, the impulse buys, the changing the environment to fit our need instead of living in harmony with the earth.... the strip mining of minerals, deforestation, pollution, etc... we are all guilty and all have our weaknesses.... im a motor head to an extent, love muscle cars, hotrods and motorcycles. but i do try to live simply, small house, not materialistic or make impulse buys for needless things....we all have been careless and oblivious in our youth and with age comes wisdom (not sure how much ive gained but i have expanded a little in my thoughts as ive aged....lol), i think now though the tech age has outpaced us in what is available to just end up on the dump pile.... every new gadget that is a must have for everyone.... every shiny thing on the shelves.... and the affordability that has come with this age of mass production and trade... has mesmerized the masses. we need to learn to control our desires and how to make some sacrifices in order to protect whats more important.