In Praise of Wakes

I have strict instructions to be cremated, and then brought out to the Caribbean on a cruise with my family members who will then spread them into the sea. If they wish to do the whole put a bit of the ashes in a necklace or jewelry thing, that's fine. But no event, no viewing, no ceremony.

Reactions: Frankietoronto
I have strict instructions to be cremated, and then brought out to the Caribbean on a cruise with my family members who will then spread them into the sea. If they wish to do the whole put a bit of the ashes in a necklace or jewelry thing, that's fine. But no event, no viewing, no ceremony.
Mokey thanks for inadvertently but providentially reminding me of the 'viewing' aspect of a funeral. My countenance is not much to look at while I draw breath, so it is no stretch to imagine the horror it will inflict upon the bereaved when in full rictus. I just made a note to ensure a closed coffin service.

Reactions: Mokey
Mokey thanks for inadvertently but providentially reminding me of the 'viewing' aspect of a funeral. My countenance is not much to look at while I draw breath, so it is no stretch to imagine the horror it will inflict upon the bereaved when in full rictus. I just made a note to ensure a closed coffin service.
lol oh good grief