In Brazil

Love Brazil footage its always ben a hot spot

Love Brazil footage its always ben a hot spot

I agree. Everything seems to happen in South America. It certainly looks impressive to me. I will wait for Duke to weigh in.

I agree. Everything seems to happen in South America. It certainly looks impressive to me. I will wait for Duke to weigh in.
This is one of the more interesting videos I've seen in a while. The speed and flight path of the "object," as well as the falling embers, suggest this a Chinese lantern. Its shape(s) as videoed is different than any lantern I can remember seeing, however.

There are ways to change the shape of a flame, or at least create the illusion of changing the shape of a flame. If I were trying to create this image with a lantern, my first approach would be to black out the panels to the point of leaving only a defined shape for the flame to shine through. If each of the four panels were blacked out differently to create four different shapes, as the lantern moved relative to the observer and rotated around its vertical axis, the image as seen from the ground would change.

white_affa36c2-320b-4152-8c89-a4486bb07503_large.png

Reactions: Lynne
This is one of the more interesting videos I've seen in a while. The speed and flight path of the "object," as well as the falling embers, suggest this a Chinese lantern. Its shape(s) as videoed is different than any lantern I can remember seeing, however.

There are ways to change the shape of a flame, or at least create the illusion of changing the shape of a flame. If I were trying to create this image with a lantern, my first approach would be to black out the panels to the point of leaving only a defined shape for the flame to shine through. If each of the four panels were blacked out differently to create four different shapes, as the lantern moved relative to the observer and rotated around its vertical axis, the image as seen from the ground would change.

View attachment 34326
Thanks Duke