Ian Punnett Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule #1 with small dogs....never, ever put face within reach of dog mouth! Those little ones can nervous bite ya in a minute, as proven above! (Poor Ian!)

Rule #1 with small dogs....never, ever put face within reach of dog mouth! Those little ones can nervous bite ya in a minute, as proven above! (Poor Ian!)
Yep, I'll second that. Our mini Rat Terrier has bitten a few people who got too friendly too soon, although none on the nose, and he didn't draw blood.

LOL. Ok, I hate to laugh at Ian, but it really is sort of funny, since the bite doesn't look too bad.

I have been bitten by dogs, big ones, little ones, several times, and this was always preceded by the owner telling me to not to worry, their dog has never bitten anyone. In many cases, I broke the record, as I got bit.

It's not as bad if a small dog bites, but I have been bit(and latched on to) by a pit bull, and bitten by a german shepherd, a Doberman, and a roc. With the pit bull I literally had to pulled out my very sharp puma brand folding hunting knife and kill him. I still have those bad scars on my left calf. If I walk in my rural area, I pass by a house with many pit bulls. I always carry a sword cane, just because no one knows when one or all of his pit bulls will get out of their chicken wire pen. And he is never home during the day to pen em back up. After experiencing one pit bull locking down on a body part, I know if you don't do something to break their hold, they will literally kill you, especially if there is more than one involved. To be bit is one thing, but to have a pit lock down and try to shake your leg off, quite another. And they will not turn loose, as I first tried to poke his eye out with my fingers. To no avail, he didn't seem to feel pain at all. But boy oh boy was he giving me some intense pain. I kept thinking, is he gonna hit an artery?

I am just thankful I have always carried a knife.

I agree with you on pits. Won't have anything to do with them. They were bred to lock down and have an extra large muscle in the jaw that does just that. As much as I dearly love all animals, a pit bull is just not a pet worthy animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.