I was attacked by something while driving

For being "out of your element', that was a fantastic list of helpful questions there, Duke! Thank you.

Thanks, Boss. After nearly 35 years as an accident investigator, those type of questions are almost second nature to me. Mrs Duke contends I launch into "interrogation mode" when asking such questions.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Thanks, Boss. After nearly 35 years as an accident investigator, those type of questions are almost second nature to me. Mrs Duke contends I launch into "interrogation mode" when asking such questions.
You just keep that right up. I contend the only way to get to the truth of things is to ask the right questions, so you are a valuable asset in that respect. I shall shine you up a PNF badge...lol

Welcome to the forum, Kentuckian. You say you are looking for a "logical" answer. Are you also open to a paranormal one as well?
LOL! Yes, of course. I guess I'd prefer something that won't bend my mind. But I'm totally open to all possibilities.

Reactions: Debi
I'm out of my element here, so I defer to those who have a background in such things. I'm a hardware guy, however, and am curious about the automobile involved. Would you please provide details relative to the car? Make/model, year of manufacture, etc? Also, what do you know of the car's history? Bought new or used by your family, and if bought used, know anything about the original/previous owner(s)? Was it ever in an accident to your knowledge prior to your experience? Any external attachments, like luggage or bike racks?
It was a 74 Cadillac. I was the second owner. Bought it from my neighbor with money earned growing tobacco one year ( there's a lot of tobacco farms in KY). It was never in an accident and had no external attachments.

Reactions: Debi
It was a 74 Cadillac. I was the second owner. Bought it from my neighbor with money earned growing tobacco one year ( there's a lot of tobacco farms in KY). It was never in an accident and had no external attachments.
Those things were like boats! Well, I'm gonna think on this one overnight, my friend. We'll see if anything pops to the surface of me brain over night!

Reactions: kentuckian
Those things were like boats! Well, I'm gonna think on this one overnight, my friend. We'll see if anything pops to the surface of me brain over night!
LOL!! yes, they were! My friends nicknamed it the "landbarge" and I got 7mpg if I was lucky!

LOL!! yes, they were! My friends nicknamed it the "landbarge" and I got 7mpg if I was lucky!
I remember them well! My grandfather drove one and then tried to give it to me when I started driving. Ummm...no. But hey! You could fit an entire party into those things!

Hi K, that had to be a truly scary drive home that night. It sounds to me like you had something on your roof. Nothing in the normal seems to fit. Did you look in the papers or local media for reports of mothman. There I said it. ;) Whatever this winged being really is, is up for speculation. However people who encounter it often report it jumping on their car. It always causes fear in the observer. This thing seems very negative.

Hi K, that had to be a truly scary drive home that night. It sounds to me like you had something on your roof. Nothing in the normal seems to fit. Did you look in the papers or local media for reports of mothman. There I said it. ;) Whatever this winged being really is, is up for speculation. However people who encounter it often report it jumping on their car. It always causes fear in the observer. This thing seems very negative.
I have actually thought of that. But I thought the Moth Man was east coast? I never heard of anything else in the area. Well, that's not entirely true. There were stories of ghosts along that ridge, but they were the type of folklore stories that are retold across the country by young kids and teenagers. Nothing about being attacked or threatened. I did read one reference to the Pope Lick Monster that said it jumped on cars (although I had never heard that the entire time I was growing up) but again, that was said to be by the train trestles and that was several miles away from where this occurred.

Last edited: