I met the devil

Chiba

Reaction score
The first vivid memory I have of sleep paralysis was in a government housing block where I spent a large chunk of my childhood. That apartment was evil. That's one of the few places you'll ever hear me refer to as such, but there it is. Strange noises in the night, things disappearing, loud screams from the crawl space above our bedrooms...The list goes on.

I was napping on the couch late one night, alone, as usual. I could still hear the static laced sound of Jay Leno playing on the TV, the reception wasn't so great because we were using old rabbit ears, we only picked up the one channel. I heard the signal go out and that ear piercing whine that comes with it, and I tried to move my head to look at the TV. Nothing, can't move. I start to panic immediately, and I start hearing this horrible rushing sound, like I was in the middle of a wind tunnel. My eyes are plastered wide open and I see a spinning vortex of electric blue over my head and I have the sensation of falling. I remember thinking, "No, no no. I don't want this, stop." I kept repeating it, over and over, until I was mentally screaming, and I was straining hard against the force. I snapped out of it and sat up drenched in sweat.

I don't remember exactly what I did after that, mostly just shuffled around the empty apartment, wondering what the hell just happened. This was before everybody had cell phones, and the house phone's service was only turned on certain months when we could afford it. My mother worked nights and even then, she was often out with her boyfriends, leaving me and my brother alone for days, sometimes weeks at a time, and even then, he was older (about 17, I was maybe 12 at the time) and would also leave to go be a hooligan as I would soon grow to be as well.

The only way I had of contacting anybody was with the neighbor's wifi, my brother and I have been computer nerds since DOS days, so I was one of the few people who had a wireless adaptor on their desktop. Mine was cobbled together from parts of older, decomissioned computers, but I digress. I headed to google and searched around, but couldn't really come up with anything. Confused, I just tried to play my n64 and forget about it.

Later that night, I went to bed. I felt a lot better and wasn't worried a bit. Fast forward to very early in the morning, probably around 3-4 AM. I am awakened by the very distinct sound of three loud knocks on the book shelf next to my bed. Again, try to stand. Again, nothing at all. I hear the rushing air and my stomach drops because I know it's happening again. I see the vortex above me, but this time, I decide to go and see what happens, so when I start to fall, I don't resist anymore.

Everything went bright white for a second and when my vision returned, I was in a church. I was raised orthodox, so I was seeing a big Orthodox style cathedral with lots of lamps and candles lit, only the light that came from them was...dark, somehow. It only illuminated the areas directly around the candles.

I was really scared and I still couldn't move, I was like a statue just standing in the middle of this church. I start saying prayers, "Jesus Christ son of god, have mercy upon me, a sinner", this is an orthodox chant used with our prayer ropes. My jaw turned into rubber and all the breath left my body. I looked up and in the middle of the alter was a big black figure, the body of a woman but the head of a goat. It made the most horrible laughing sound that I will ever hear, and said, "He can't hear you, not anymore. Not when you're hear, with us". He didn't have a voice exactly, but I still 'heard' him and understood everything he said.

I was still praying in my head, and I just started yelling, trying to move as hard as I could. I remember thinking, this is a mistake. I should not have come here, please god just get me out of this place. The breath was still gone from my body and I was suffocating. I think that I passed out, but when I woke up, it was just dawn. My lips and fingernails were blue and I was very much out of breath.

I started being much more religious at that point. It never happened again like that. I still get sleep paralysis to this day, but never like this. I just thought I'd share, and it feels pretty good, because I've never told this story in that amount of detail before.

The first vivid memory I have of sleep paralysis was in a government housing block where I spent a large chunk of my childhood. That apartment was evil. That's one of the few places you'll ever hear me refer to as such, but there it is. Strange noises in the night, things disappearing, loud screams from the crawl space above our bedrooms...The list goes on.

I was napping on the couch late one night, alone, as usual. I could still hear the static laced sound of Jay Leno playing on the TV, the reception wasn't so great because we were using old rabbit ears, we only picked up the one channel. I heard the signal go out and that ear piercing whine that comes with it, and I tried to move my head to look at the TV. Nothing, can't move. I start to panic immediately, and I start hearing this horrible rushing sound, like I was in the middle of a wind tunnel. My eyes are plastered wide open and I see a spinning vortex of electric blue over my head and I have the sensation of falling. I remember thinking, "No, no no. I don't want this, stop." I kept repeating it, over and over, until I was mentally screaming, and I was straining hard against the force. I snapped out of it and sat up drenched in sweat.

I don't remember exactly what I did after that, mostly just shuffled around the empty apartment, wondering what the hell just happened. This was before everybody had cell phones, and the house phone's service was only turned on certain months when we could afford it. My mother worked nights and even then, she was often out with her boyfriends, leaving me and my brother alone for days, sometimes weeks at a time, and even then, he was older (about 17, I was maybe 12 at the time) and would also leave to go be a hooligan as I would soon grow to be as well.

The only way I had of contacting anybody was with the neighbor's wifi, my brother and I have been computer nerds since DOS days, so I was one of the few people who had a wireless adaptor on their desktop. Mine was cobbled together from parts of older, decomissioned computers, but I digress. I headed to google and searched around, but couldn't really come up with anything. Confused, I just tried to play my n64 and forget about it.

Later that night, I went to bed. I felt a lot better and wasn't worried a bit. Fast forward to very early in the morning, probably around 3-4 AM. I am awakened by the very distinct sound of three loud knocks on the book shelf next to my bed. Again, try to stand. Again, nothing at all. I hear the rushing air and my stomach drops because I know it's happening again. I see the vortex above me, but this time, I decide to go and see what happens, so when I start to fall, I don't resist anymore.

Everything went bright white for a second and when my vision returned, I was in a church. I was raised orthodox, so I was seeing a big Orthodox style cathedral with lots of lamps and candles lit, only the light that came from them was...dark, somehow. It only illuminated the areas directly around the candles.

I was really scared and I still couldn't move, I was like a statue just standing in the middle of this church. I start saying prayers, "Jesus Christ son of god, have mercy upon me, a sinner", this is an orthodox chant used with our prayer ropes. My jaw turned into rubber and all the breath left my body. I looked up and in the middle of the alter was a big black figure, the body of a woman but the head of a goat. It made the most horrible laughing sound that I will ever hear, and said, "He can't hear you, not anymore. Not when you're hear, with us". He didn't have a voice exactly, but I still 'heard' him and understood everything he said.

I was still praying in my head, and I just started yelling, trying to move as hard as I could. I remember thinking, this is a mistake. I should not have come here, please god just get me out of this place. The breath was still gone from my body and I was suffocating. I think that I passed out, but when I woke up, it was just dawn. My lips and fingernails were blue and I was very much out of breath.

I started being much more religious at that point. It never happened again like that. I still get sleep paralysis to this day, but never like this. I just thought I'd share, and it feels pretty good, because I've never told this story in that amount of detail before.
I feel your pain. I seek God's help but I think there's something he wants me to learn before my paralysis ends. I started bringing them on for a purpose, to obtain the ability to do astral projection or out of body experiences (OBE) but there is always something there that fills me with fear and believe me when I tell you this: I don't fear much in this world. There is a scratching noise with beats like a drum and I feel the presence of something waiting for me to rise up.
I still don't have enough courage, maybe tonight who knows. It is three AM the hour in which the spirits are strong.

I stumbled onto a series of "soul discipline" exercises if you like to call them that.

The darkness inside - YouTube

Thanks for sharing, Chiba. Perhaps as you have hinted, this was a warning; especially since it did not happen again.

There is a scratching noise with beats like a drum

Good Morning Armand. I don’t want to trivialize what you have indicated you are feeling. But if my own little personal and mundane story might ring true with you, it might remove one cause of fear and let you get to the astral/OBE you want.

So this happened to me a very, very long time ago - probably in 1987 or 1988. I owned a two story condo directly across a four-lane street from a small strip shopping center. My bedroom was on the second floor facing the back of three stores and a restaurant.

One night I woke up - and heard what I perceived to be people out moving and probably emptying the huge metal trash containers behind those stores. I though it sounded like they were right outside my window it was so loud. Then I fell back to sleep.

Don’t know how much longer it was but I woke up again and heard the same noises. This time I thought jeezers it was awfully late to be doing this kind of work and making so much noise. I also thought because it was such loud and clear banging that I probably left my bedroom window open too. And why is it taking so long to empty the trash. Then I fell back to sleep again.

I awoke again later - still no understanding of how much longer. Heard the same sounds then...I realized...the movement and pounding I was hearing was actually my own heartbeat and the blood rushing through my ears.

Before that, I would have never thought that I could hear my own bodily sounds so overtly. But I am certain it was my heartbeat and blood. And, surprises me too that those noises might actually have been loud enough to wake me up three time that night.

So consider my little experience. Consider you too could be hearing your own heartbeat. It is just one opportunity. If it is at all applicable, I hope it helps to peel away one of your fears. Best of luck with your astral travels Armand,

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I met the devil once and surprisingly it was a peaceful exchange, despite the fact I could taste the deception in the air. But I later realized that he targeted me because he saw me as a threat, as I’ve helped people with demonic oppressions before.

Makes me beg the question, what sources did you use to look into the occult? Gotta ask because you said you’ve got an interest in that. I’ve found that non fictional literature on demonology, sorcery and other forms of ceremonial magic can Sorta mess with your head if you find yourself looking into the occult for bedtime reading.

Reactions: Lynne and Armand
Makes me beg the question, what sources did you use to look into the occult? Gotta ask because you said you’ve got an interest in that. I’ve found that non fictional literature on demonology, sorcery and other forms of ceremonial magic can Sorta mess with your head if you find yourself looking into the occult for bedtime reading.

At the time, I had not looked into the occult yet, it was this experience that made me do so. Books I've read include The Greater and Lesser Seals of Solomon, The Book of Thoth, actually most of Crowley's work, Satanic Bible and Satanic Companion, most of Konstantino's books, and then just various small ones I've gotten from the library or here and there. It's a lot of stuff digested over an almost ten - twelve year period.

Reactions: Benway and Charleh
Ah so typical readings of stuff you can find in a library or PDF file. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the satanic bible the one written by Anton LaVey? I’ve read a little bit of it and found it was mainly secular in nature.

So what is the truth you seek? There’s a few members here into occult stuff, and I happen to be into demonology. Maybe we can point you in whatever direction if you’re still after that.

Have you had any SP or night terror episodes recently?

Thanks for sharing. That had to be terrifying. Sounds like your astral body was kidnapped. Have you been ok since then ?