I know you're out there somewhere...

Only one person comes to mind, but only through a 'visitation' will we ever be able to connect. Our friendship became strained years ago and i severed ties. I believe he tried to reconcile, but i did not. I do keep in contact with his girlfriend through texts and recently she shed some light into things. There was a deeper reason to things he has done so, under what then was a gruff exterior, was a troubled person. He was one of my dearest friends and now that he is passed, we will never have that face to face conversation that was deserved. Sorry for the bummer story. This example should only bolster anyone to make that move and reconnect with someone before it is too late to do so in person.

I have kept in contact with most of the people I was close to in my youth. I have one friend however that had a bad accident at the same time my husband was going through a very bad health trauma. It took two years to get his life back on track. Between working and raising my daughter and his care I lost contact. I have a lot of guilt because she was very badly injured and is now unable to walk. I think she probably is rightfully upset with me. I tried to reconnect but it went no where. She just moved on. Some people are just for a season I guess.

I've had good and bad reconnections. The Good, My biological siblings found me after 40 plus years. The Bad, I reconnected with an old girlfriend and it almost destroyed my marriage.

• Sad
Reactions: garnetsilver