I know you're out there somewhere...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Who is that one person in your life you've lost touch but would like to reconnect with?
Old friends, family? The one who got away?

If you've already tried to reconnect, how did it go?

I was fortunate to reconnect with two dear friends when I moved back to PA from FL. One of them was only seventeen when I first met her and I was a sort of "mother" to her. The other I was friends with when her husband had cancer and I helped with his care. We still shoot e-mails back and forth and sometimes we meet for coffee. I was so afraid that we had grown apart!

One the past five years, I've attempted to locate/contact a number of former high school and/or college classmates. Of those I located, the results have been mixed.

The first was a guy I roomed with one quarter in college. He was very happy I had located him, and told me he had tried to find me but had the spelling of my last name wrong. We met for lunch and had a great time. We are still in contact.

A couple years later, I finally located another college classmate. He has a very common last name, and I only found him by chance. I called him and very quickly regretted doing so. The happy-go-lucky nuclear engineering student I knew 40+ years ago was miserable and bitter; he whined about his ailments, his crazy wife, his ne'er-do-well son, his job, etc. Even though he lives less than an hour away, I decided not to see if he wanted to get together. I avoid negative people.

The most disappointing search ended when I found my former classmate's obituary. He had died less than a year earlier in Texas. I thought about contacting his widow and/or kids, but ultimately decided not to do so.

There are two I'd still like to find, but no luck to this point. Unfortunately both of them have very common last names.

I absolutely loved that song when I was just a kid and even now. I managed to briefly reconnect with an old acquaintance from Junior High from mid '16 to early '17. Out of all of the kids I went to school with there, she was the only one that I had fond memories of, and we even talked over the phone for about an hour and a half in early March '17. It's unfortunate, but ties were cut permanently shortly afterwards. There's still one I'd love to reconnect with but that's highly unlikely.

I was about 19 or 20 at the time and I had the biggest crush on her, but I never admitted it and it's still something I regret to this day. I remember the last day I saw her. April 15th, 2002. I had just gotten out of college for the day, and I went to see her. It probably wouldn't have changed anything, but had I known that was the last time I'd ever see her, I'd told her. She's married now of course but she's someone that I'll never forget.

Who is that one person in your life you've lost touch but would like to reconnect with?
Old friends, family? The one who got away?

If you've already tried to reconnect, how did it go?

back in my early 20's I met a guy in college. We hung out and had a blast for a little over a year, then lost touch. I found him on facebook recently, and last month got together with him in Des Moines...it was like we hadn't missed a beat.

back in my early 20's I met a guy in college. We hung out and had a blast for a little over a year, then lost touch. I found him on facebook recently, and last month got together with him in Des Moines...it was like we hadn't missed a beat.
That's so cool! It's like that with my two friends that I mentioned. We just pick up where we left off, even though it had been over ten years.

I contacted an old mate, he helped me through a bad patch but he'd joined a 1% bike club and changed, so I backed off.