I Can't Be The Only One That Thinks This Way

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Anyone that has experienced the paranormal knows there are things beyond our normal sight. The older i get, the more i lean towards letting these poor, trapped souls move on. The plethora of ghost hunting shows and internet interest seems to have numbed ourselves to the actual root of hauntings. Whatever has kept these poor souls trapped on the outskirts of this plane in my opinion needs to be addressed. They are not circus animals nor or they there to entertain curious onlookers. They deserve to be able to move on to what is beyond, not play with flashlights or answer mundane questions from novice ghost seekers. Am i the only one that thinks this way? Proof of the paranormal is comforting, but is it worth the prolonged suffering of a soul trapped? What are your thoughts on this?

There are other things out there that constantly poke at our veil. Yes, i get that. Those guys we can feel trying to enter. That is a a whole different story than those that have lived in the mortal realm. In my opinion, they are exempt from this discussion, it's the regular people trapped that bother me more.

Reactions: ozentity
Anyone that has experienced the paranormal knows there are things beyond our normal sight. The older i get, the more i lean towards letting these poor, trapped souls move on. The plethora of ghost hunting shows and internet interest seems to have numbed ourselves to the actual root of hauntings. Whatever has kept these poor souls trapped on the outskirts of this plane in my opinion needs to be addressed. They are not circus animals nor or they there to entertain curious onlookers. They deserve to be able to move on to what is beyond, not play with flashlights or answer mundane questions from novice ghost seekers. Am i the only one that thinks this way? Proof of the paranormal is comforting, but is it worth the prolonged suffering of a soul trapped? What are your thoughts on this?
I agree that they should be left alone and I have said so several times here.

BTW, I don't think they are necessarily any more trapped than we are. Maybe they just want to be or do what they are being and doing. :)

I agree that they should be left alone and I have said so several times here.

BTW, I don't think they are necessarily any more trapped than we are. Maybe they just want to be or do what they are being and doing. :)
Very true lol. We get up, go to work, feed the machine, then rinse and repeat. It always bothered me that if a soul was trapped here for whatever reason, should be allowed the chance to finally move on to what's beyond. If that beyond is meandering around this world, well that's no afterlife. I feel there is something far better waiting for us.

I dont walk that side of the veil, dont communicate or search out those that inhabit what is outside our realm. not saying i havent had experiences or crossed into the gray areas, just that i dont do so intentionally or flippantly just for kicks and giggles. which is what it seems to have become over the past 20 years or so. you are right, they are not for our entertainment. im not convinced they are trapped here though. maybe it wasnt their time to go and the reaper just hasnt come to collect yet.?? maybe they are not what they seem and are luring us for their own purposes?,, i think that its our own arrogance to think we have a say so in whether they "cross over". we have no control over those realms and what we say means diddly without the proper training, mindset and preparation, (IMO of course)... for the majority to think they can fight demons or cross over lost souls with only what they see on television or read in a "ghost hunting and demon banishment for dummies" book is why so many end up in trouble and begging for help...the current trend has led to everyone and their brother thinking they are psychic and/or a demonologist or spiritualist who can probably cross someone over befor they even die.....lol....(also why i wouldnt trust anyone until i actually talk/interact live with them and get a feel of them.).....sorry, just a rant on what the "genre" has become.........not trying to sound negative or harsh, just that i choose to let that side handle their own.......

I agree, and waaay back in my initial days of going to homes with a team, that was the goal. (Think stone age...lol) There are a few things we found to be problem points. We are not sure why they are there or what their true nature is in many cases, or just how to help. A lot of that is guess work for us humans with a limited understanding of those things.

I totally agree that "just for fun" investigating for the thrill of things is not on my list of things to do personally but I understand that all of us humans are looking for reassurance that there is life after death. I also agree that there appears to be two sets of entities...one may be a human soul and one is, IMO, something quite high on the evil scale. Much of what we perceive as our own truths comes from our own faiths, but I have found some commonalities in dealing with this "other side".

After a lifetime of dealing with these things, I have changed my views on much of it as I've learned and studied it. I've found that for me, the best thing I can do for all souls who may remain on this side is to pray for them. God knows all and knows where all his children are. The best thing we can do is simply let these souls know there is a light that awaits them if they choose to go there. And also remind them this is no longer their world/dimension.

This is simply my take on it. Others may disagree and I'm OK with that. It took me a life time of soul searching to come to this conclusion for myself, as we all must do.

Now, that other set of entities is a whole nuther storyboard.

I agree with leaving them alone until they invade our lives. When there is what we would call a haunting or poltergeist in a house it is sure trouble and fear and at that point there is no leaving it alone. I have lived with those experiences and i do not wish that on anyone. If they are throwing my stuff around and doing scary stuff, they have to go by any means necessary. I also think there are some circumstances where psychics and knowledgeable people go in and help people with these problems and that seems ok. If the psychics are correct and they can communicate with an upset spirit for whatever reason and this helps them move on, I don't see that as interfering. We may not really know for sure what we are dealing with, but if it works and the house becomes livable again it is worth the work. I think it all comes down to the intention of the researcher. I think too, this has helped people who have no faith in anything after death to rethink things.

I agree with leaving them alone until they invade our lives. When there is what we would call a haunting or poltergeist in a house it is sure trouble and fear and at that point there is no leaving it alone. I have lived with those experiences and i do not wish that on anyone. If they are throwing my stuff around and doing scary stuff, they have to go by any means necessary. I also think there are some circumstances where psychics and knowledgeable people go in and help people with these problems and that seems ok. If the psychics are correct and they can communicate with an upset spirit for whatever reason and this helps them move on, I don't see that as interfering. We may not really know for sure what we are dealing with, but if it works and the house becomes livable again it is worth the work. I think it all comes down to the intention of the researcher. I think too, this has helped people who have no faith in anything after death to rethink things.
I agree, Lynne. When I wrote that I thought they should be left alone, I was referring only to those people who seek them out for research or thrills or whatever -- the "ghost chasers."

I've never investigated hauntings. I've gone to and been in supposedly haunted places,but just walked around got creeped out a few times and left. It was something to do in my younger days.
That said cryptids and people who go missing under unusual circumstances in national parks is a different story. Though I haven't had as much time as I'd like to checking these things out with my boots on the ground.

I don't feel like human spirits are trapped, I think this is an excuse for people to interfere, like save the poor little girl's spirit from whatever and be her hero. I'm more inclined to believe the little girl is something more sinister, calling for help and luring the unsuspecting good guy into a realm of negativity and evil. Ghost hunters should be aware of this because I feel some of them might be opening purposely shut doors.