Humans to become Cyborgs

I am pretty confident that eventually humanity will no longer require fragile organic vessels with which to house their individual consciousnesses. I think the future will be fundamentally inorganic for humans. The idea of a bunch of human beings walking around on a spaceship as it zooms between the stars exploring space makes for great sci-fi, but it's probably a very unlikely scenario.

Instead, my money would go on individual human consciousnesses being uploaded/downloaded to a craft which could be further uploaded/downloaded to various small vehicles and other pieces of equipment just as freely as it would be to climb in or out of a car. Doing so would negate the need to bring food, water, and atmosphere - and everything else needed to keep an organic body alive and thriving. Also, you would no longer need to add heavy radiation shielding or insulation for extreme heat and cold. Artificial gravity and inertia control would also be rendered unnecessary.

Converting our minds into self-aware data allows us to go much further than our organic bodies would ever allow simply due to their inherent limitations.

This is what I fear for the future....when being human is the wrong side of PC. Would you want to be a cyborg if it allowed you to live forever or at least an extended period of time?
Yes. That is a large part of the work I do - cognitive enhancement through software prosthetics and transparent user interfaces for same.

Nope, especially when they say "god-like cyborgs". I still believe there is only one God, and that we were not meant to live forever or be god-like. And the way this planet is currently heading, I don't want to live a prolonged life. I want to get to the next level, or realm, or whatever you want to call it. This life has been "interesting", but I'm intrigued to see the next phase of the game at some point.

Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

As an alternative point of view (which you are free to ignore or discount as you Will), every last sapient being is an embryonic god, doing what we can to grow to the next stage of development. For some of us, the possibility of bootstrapping ourselves toward a weakly-godlike state of existence will allow us the time and experience to finally attain that final step into the universe. It is somewhat irritating to finally make some progress, only to have one's physical manifestation fail and have to start all over again with few of the memories of the last time 'round.

Love is the Law, Love Under Will.

Cyborgs are a great science fiction mechanism, but I don't want to become one!
Do you wear glasses? Have you ever been on life support? Do you use a search engine to research new things? Have you ever undertaken cognitive training of some kind?

You are already a cyborg.