Human child with cat's eyes

I know im super late on this post, but it is important to note that cats need some light to see in the dark. They cannot see in complete absolute darkness. Though it has been said that they see 10X better in the dark than military grade night vision goggles! From learning this i keep night lights around the house especially in my basement so they can find their toys and litter pans where there are no windows or natural light coming through. Im sure they dont need nearly as much light that i provide but it makes me feel better anyway. I always used to think cats could see in complete darknee but that not true. They do need a tiny bit of light, say moon light haha. Okay im a crazy cat lady i know :)

I know im super late on this post, but it is important to note that cats need some light to see in the dark. They cannot see in complete absolute darkness. Though it has been said that they see 10X better in the dark than military grade night vision goggles! From learning this i keep night lights around the house especially in my basement so they can find their toys and litter pans where there are no windows or natural light coming through. Im sure they dont need nearly as much light that i provide but it makes me feel better anyway. I always used to think cats could see in complete darknee but that not true. They do need a tiny bit of light, say moon light haha. Okay im a crazy cat lady i know :)
LOL, I do the same exact thing as I had heard that one time too. One part of my house is really dark with basically no light reaching it at night. Well, that's where the cat box and their food are, so I figured they needed at least a little light to be able to see to get to them easily. I just got a nightlight actually and put it in there, as I figured that would be just enough for them to use their great eyesight.

Reactions: HeckYesHess