How Uninformed is George Noory??

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
UFO reports surge after Elon Musk launches 'eerie' satellite train

Last Friday night on open lines George took a call from a guy who described seeing a "string of pearls" group of UFOs. In the next segment, another caller told George it sounded like the previous caller had seen Musk's Starlink satellites. George made an inane comment or two, making it clear he had no idea what the guy was talking about.

On Monday during his opening segment, George referenced the open lines calls from the previous Friday about the UFOs, then proceeded to explain he'd done some research and discovered Musk had indeed been launching a series of internet satellites that were being reported as UFOs.

George acted like he had just announced some huge news scoop, he was clearly very proud of himself. This despite Peter Davenport has been discussing the satellites for at least a year, and I know other guests have mentioned them as well. Pretty pathetic.

Reactions: jayiniowa and Debi
UFO reports surge after Elon Musk launches 'eerie' satellite train

Last Friday night on open lines George took a call from a guy who described seeing a "string of pearls" group of UFOs. In the next segment, another caller told George it sounded like the previous caller had seen Musk's Starlink satellites. George made an inane comment or two, making it clear he had no idea what the guy was talking about.

On Monday during his opening segment, George referenced the open lines calls from the previous Friday about the UFOs, then proceeded to explain he'd done some research and discovered Musk had indeed been launching a series of internet satellites that were being reported as UFOs.

George acted like he had just announced some huge news scoop, he was clearly very proud of himself. This despite Peter Davenport has been discussing the satellites for at least a year, and I know other guests have mentioned them as well. Pretty pathetic.
George does this with EVERYTHING lately. He's got to be right, he's got to be "the source", and he's got to be the only one with an opinion. I've been jumping up and down about this behavior of his for awhile now. The paid callers who constantly feed his ego, the screening out of anyone who might differ with him, the guest list that is groomed to support his beliefs....it just goes on and on. And the false information he spreads borders on criminal in some cases, imo.

Glynnis McCants, the numbers lady, was on last night in the first segment. She actually stood toe to toe with him on his extreme and constant mantra of "It's just the flu!" He cut her off several times and diverted the conversation whenever she had a point that differed. He then spouted at the end of her segment several false stats to say Glynnis was wrong with her (true) stats about Covid. I wonder if we shall ever hear Glynis on Coast again?

I try not to listen to the man anymore, but it was him or a rerun of Clyde last night. I should have stuck with Clyde.

First I must admit that I no longer ( or very rarely) listen to late night radio, haven't since the 90's... So, do you think the reason he's uninformed, if that's the case, is because he just isn't doing the research or staying on top of the different fields due to laziness, lack of true interest or something else. Does he have a team of researchers to help? If not, perhaps that is what he needs, or maybe he just doesn't want to pay out for help......with all the interest and availability of info concerning the paranormal these days to run a radio show on these topics successfully you would have to devote extreme amounts of time and research to stay ahead of the audience, having a knowledgeable network of aquantences would be needed also...or you would have to fork out the pay for a couple ppl to form a team of researchers to stay ahead of the game....sounds like he's still trying to operate the way it was ran in the " good old days".....not realizing its time to join the future.

I haven't listened to late night radio since the 90's either. Art was great. He was one of a kind. I remember noticing a subtle increase in the number of guest hosts Art had on C2C sometime around Y2K. I thought something might be up - like maybe a grooming process - and I didn't much care for any of them. Whitley Strieber was okay and so was Hilly Rose. This was because despite not being Art, they had a certain authenticity all their own. But I could never envision either of the two bearing the paranormal torch after Art. And George always just struck me as a cheap imitation. I have nothing against George. But when he took over C2C, things were never the same for me. It was kind of the tipping point when I sensed that the driver for C2C was more business than a passion for the paranormal. And that was my signal to abandon C2C radio, though I do still visit the web site.

I looked at George's Wikipedia entry and the following underlined (by me) statement was startling.

"In May 2017, Premiere Networks announced a new contract for Noory which will keep him hosting Coast to Coast AM until 2020. Since renewal he has contined his current direction of gradually changing the show from a paranormal themed show to an ongoing infomercial for various unproven remedies and overpriced products. Many long time Coast to Coast AM fans are hopeful that he will not continue to host the show after his contract ends."

Is this accurate and is George turning C2C into a snake-oil infomercial? If so, does this change of emphasis contribute to the dissatisfaction?

First I must admit that I no longer ( or very rarely) listen to late night radio, haven't since the 90's... So, do you think the reason he's uninformed, if that's the case, is because he just isn't doing the research or staying on top of the different fields due to laziness, lack of true interest or something else. Does he have a team of researchers to help? If not, perhaps that is what he needs, or maybe he just doesn't want to pay out for help......with all the interest and availability of info concerning the paranormal these days to run a radio show on these topics successfully you would have to devote extreme amounts of time and research to stay ahead of the audience, having a knowledgeable network of aquantences would be needed also...or you would have to fork out the pay for a couple ppl to form a team of researchers to stay ahead of the game....sounds like he's still trying to operate the way it was ran in the " good old days".....not realizing its time to join the future.

Not a question of research in this case, it's George not listening to his guests. Other than Peter Davenport, at least half dozen other guests have discussed the Skylink satellites. I'm pretty sure George also has read news stories about them as well.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
I've never been a big fan of George Noory.

I looked at George's Wikipedia entry and the following underlined (by me) statement was startling.

"In May 2017, Premiere Networks announced a new contract for Noory which will keep him hosting Coast to Coast AM until 2020. Since renewal he has contined his current direction of gradually changing the show from a paranormal themed show to an ongoing infomercial for various unproven remedies and overpriced products. Many long time Coast to Coast AM fans are hopeful that he will not continue to host the show after his contract ends."

Is this accurate and is George turning C2C into a snake-oil infomercial? If so, does this change of emphasis contribute to the dissatisfaction?

Well, someone played with the Wiki, BUT, I have to say it's accurate. He promotes a vet turned holistic kind of doc and a line of his "cures" that he promotes with 2 hour long info segments about twice a month. We call him Doc Wallet (Doc Wallach) as his "cures" are beyond expensive and it's the same "cure" for everything. Seriously....never varies. Add in the Noory super beats and all the other off the wall "cures" and it's about half the show these days. He also has on a pharmacist connected to these products at least once a month as well. Doc Wallet tells people constantly they have been "misdiagnosed" and pushes his own "cures". How the FDA hasn't stepped in yet astounds me.

Then we have the latest with Snoory....he harps constantly that Covid is no worse than the flu. No difference. Last night I read he went even further and encouraged people to go out and get infected so we could reach "herd immunity"...despite the fact we don't know if herd immunity will even work with this virus as it's immunity doesn't appear to last long. He's become dangerous. A lot of his audience falls into a high risk category. His stance is he won't wear a mask ever, he will not social distance, and he feels we should just let "what happens, happens." He brings it up with every guest, every show, and spouts how he's never had the flu because he takes all the supplements he pushes.

George has lost all love for the job in my opinion. He has progressively declined in credibility over the years. He’s so bad now it seems he’s wanting to be let out of his contract. His association with Dr Wallech and the Gaia net work makes him unwatchable in my opinion.

George has lost all love for the job in my opinion. He has progressively declined in credibility over the years. He’s so bad now it seems he’s wanting to be let out of his contract. His association with Dr Wallech and the Gaia net work makes him unwatchable in my opinion.
I think he's just more focused on making the money from his endorsements and appearances. The show has become just something he does to keep those and the money coming in.

And I honestly don't know what he's doing during the actual interviews, since he often asks a question the guest just answered. He's got producers, but I don't think he reads the notes, OR he's going down the list of questions in order even if something has already been answered. The latter is my guess.

Reactions: Lynne