How things have changed at work

My Dad really liked to smoke. He sold his accounting practice to a larger firm in a bigger building. A non-smoking building. Well dad was going to stay on for 5 years and pass the clients on to the larger firm.( You really need some hands-on transition with learning the nuances of many of these businesses.)

Dad being Dad set up his office in the back door vestibule where he could smoke.
It was tiny and cold in the winter when the door opened. And for the life of me I can't remember what his inside office looked like. " Ain't never been there they tell me it's nice..."

Even Little League Baseball is different. And the Babe Ruth league and the Cal Ripken league. The kids seem nicer and more polite. And sportsmanship made a comeback. I'm not always proud of it but in the late 70s and '80s we were pretty cutthroat.

Another popular charitable fundraiser for the organizational summer picnic was the dunk tank. You'd pay to vote for whoever you wanted to see be a dunkee, then on the day of the picnic you'd pay for the opportunity to dunk the dunkees.

As you'd expect in an organization made up of 90% men, those nominated for dunking were almost all females, who'd have to wear a bathing suit to be dunked. There was also an opportunity for dunkees to buy themselves out of the tank with a donation, but it seldom happened. No one wanted to be identified as a poor sport.

Another popular charitable fundraiser for the organizational summer picnic was the dunk tank. You'd pay to vote for whoever you wanted to see be a dunkee, then on the day of the picnic you'd pay for the opportunity to dunk the dunkees.

As you'd expect in an organization made up of 90% men, those nominated for dunking were almost all females, who'd have to wear a bathing suit to be dunked. There was also an opportunity for dunkees to buy themselves out of the tank with a donation, but it seldom happened. No one wanted to be identified as a poor sport.
Fun times lol