How I met my wife

L.S.

Reaction score
Call it divine intervention, somewhat paranormal or destiny. The story starts way back in elementary school, I had a crush on a popular girl who also lived around the block. I wrote her a letter explaining (at least the best a preteen could) my love for her, nothing came of it. So a week later while saying bedtime prayers I quietly said one more. I asked that god to send me a girl to love me as much as I loved her. High school came around and I became friends with a good looking girl, although I liked her she already had on and off boyfriends so I was patient. eventually it payed off and we were high school sweethearts for a year and a half. Sadly we broke up, she moved on and I had several girlfriends but none that lasted very long. All during this time that little prayer I asked for was in the back of my mind but nothing really seemed to come of it. Well more years passed with little tryst here and there until one day. My buddy invited me to come shoot pool with him and a new girl he was seeing, so I agreed. I hesitated about going at first but realized I had nothing else planned for the night so I made my way to the pool hall. I walked into the pool hall and spotted my buddy and spotted the girl that was with him. When she looked at me and our eyes locked, and in that instant something deep inside me said "that's her", "there's something special about her" and suddenly everything inside me was eager to get to know everything about her. But again I was faced her being in an on and off relationship with my buddy, so again I was patient. BUT, this time I had an advantage, I knew he was an habitual cheater and was still in love with his girlfriend, so I dropped little hints that I liked her. But now I had another obstacle to overcome, she was only 16 and I was over 21, so again I had to be patient. All during this time something deep down kept saying "that's her", "there's something special about her". Well I eventually got tired of waiting, dated and married a high school friend of hers but we remained friends, needless to say that only lasted for two years and we divorced. After my divorce she was now 19 so we started dating, after a year of dating we married and been happily married for 22 years now.

Beautiful story LS. I too met my husband in a pool hall in 1978. We were both bending over on our own tables for a shot and locked eyes. The thought that went through my head was, “ I wonder what it would be like to be married to him”. This was a very random and odd thought. Well we ended up talking and after 8 years of dating on and off, we ended up tog. We will be married 33 years this feb 15.