How do you rock?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

"BACK IN THE DAY" WE HAD BOOM BOXES, SPEAKERS THAT WENT FLOOR TO CEILING, AND WAYS TO ROCK THE MUSIC!
HOW DO YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC NOW?
DO YOU SIMPLY USE YOUR COMPUTER TO STREAM IT TO A SPEAKER OR HEADPHONES?
WHAT DID YOU USE "BACK IN THE DAY" AND DID YOU PREFER IT TO WHAT YOU USE NOW?

274546192_1387093168467288_619053476088271681_n.jpg

I had an 8-track player back in the 70's. Then I had a cassette player on the boom box, which I kept in my kitchen. I got my first Walkman in the 90's. Now I stream music through headphones at my computer, or through speakers in the living room. I still have a boombox in the kitchen!

boombox back in the day, but it was even more about what you had in the car. today i stream music in the house or load up the cd changer. i have a reciever with a 6 speaker surround sound on the back deck that blasts the yard and neighborhood when im working outside.

I have an iPod with thousands of songs on it (ex-wife got most of the CDs), but 98% of the time I listen the exact same way I did in 1975.

Car radio set to the classic rock stations.

My daughter and cat at the time destroyed my old home stereo 25 years ago and it took the wind out of my sail, I never put a good sound system back together again. Still don't have a nice home stereo or any kind of sound system and at this point it doesn't matter.

I try not to listen to music at home, for the same reason I don't watch movies. Nothing that requires one's attention, only "background" stuff, for practical reasons.

I usually listen to music in the car, but occasionally I will listen on my ipod or computer.

For some reason I've never been able to tolerate background music. Listening tends to demand my full attention so I can't work or hold a conversation at the same time!

Last edited:
Back in the day it was vinyl records, radio via car, later CDs. Today it is music from my cell phone in car and house. My cell phone can talk to my car radio so I can do everything wirelessly. Today car radios function much like an audio / video receiver where you can listen to multiple sources. I still have a house A/V receiver which I use to listen to music and watch movies.

I had a big stereo system back in the day and have an even bigger, louder one now. Living out of town I crank it up until the logs nearly blow off the cabin , I'll never grow up :p.

I am all about music lol. I STILL have a stereo i had when i was kid. The only one i have with a turn table for my vinyl. I also still have my 'little' boombox i bought when i was kid. Quality radio that still sounds good today. I also have my nicer stereo in LR with receiver, decent speakers, dual cassette. Very loud :). Needless to say i swap between cassettes...vinyl, and cds. When i am working i stream music through my phone.