How do you like your chili?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
BEFORE I MOVED TO THE SOUTHERN AREA OF INDIANA, I'D NEVER SEEN CHILI HAVE PASTA IN IT! SINCE THEN, I'VE HEARD ALL SORTS OF VARIATIONS ON CHILI! HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR CHILI? BEANS? NO BEANS? WITH CHEESE? ONIONS? SOUR CREAM? WHATCHA LIKE?

upload_2019-8-7_15-39-45.jpeg

Reactions: Paintman
red beans, ground beef, tomato chunks, small can tomato juice.......cheese as pictured and sometimes crackers.... could be more (like onions, or a dash of pepper juice)but that is the basic idea.

chili mac is really good also.

Last edited:
Ground beef, garlic, passata, red kidney beans, baked beans, long french beans cut to be 1" long, edeme/ soya beans. And not too hot or onions as my OH doesn't like them.

Served with 1/2 rice and 1/2 chips.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Ground beef, garlic, passata, red kidney beans, baked beans, long french beans cut to be 1" long, edeme/ soya beans. And not too hot or onions as my OH doesn't like them.

Now that combo is new to me...hmmm...rice. Interesting.

Reactions: ozentity

When you put pasta in doesn’t it become goulash? :D

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman
My taste is pretty much what Paul describes. Regular chili

Reactions: Paulm
Thick, spicy, with lots of lean ground beef and beans, topped with cheese. I've also become a fan of "white chili" where beef is replaced by either chicken or turkey.

I acquired a taste for Cincinnati style chili, which includes cinnamon and chocolate in the recipe. Chili is to Cincinnati what cheese steaks are to Philadelphia and chowder is to Boston. There are at least half dozen chili parlor franchises in and around Cincinnati, with Skyline being probably the most popular.

Last edited:
Always have to upvote Skyline Chili:).
I like what Paul likes. If I want some heat I will add my own Tabasco. I don't care for crackers but I like to grind up Fritos, and a big hunk of French bread.

Question. Should we even be talking about this seeing as though the sweatshirts and the flannel shirts are still in the back of the closet?:D

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
I like what Paul likes. If I want some heat I will add my own Tabasco. I don't care for crackers but I like to grind up Fritos, and a big hunk of French bread.

Question. Should we even be talking about this seeing as though the sweatshirts and the flannel shirts are still in the back of the closet?:D
I do love French bread, but must say its too fancy for chili.....gotta be peanut butter and jelly sandwich or grilled cheese.

Tobasco is good, I usualy go to the bottle of pepper juice.....banana peppers I think..

Last edited by a moderator: