How bad...

SPELLING!!!! Thank The Great Pumpkin for spell check! Between my spelling and my error-ridden typing, my posts would be hard on the eyes.

Afterthought... My posts may still be hard on the eyes but at least it isn't the spelling.

My husband is not allowed to "plumb" or do electrical repairs. And if the car breaks down, it's off to the shop before he can make it worse or hurt himself....lol Now, give the man an animal to work with and he's good to go. Just want you to know you have a "brother" on this side of the world...lol
He sounds like me, lol. I think it's I have no patience for fixing things but have all the patience in the world with living creatures, rearing orphan animals, gardening and things like that.

My sense of direction is non-existent. I mean...literally. I can still get lost in my home town.

I once went into a pub and couldn't find my way out (I hadn't even had a drink - I just went to the loo).

The same street can look completely different to me if I go the opposite way. The list is endless...

My sense of direction is non-existent. I mean...literally. I can still get lost in my home town.

I once went into a pub and couldn't find my way out (I hadn't even had a drink - I just went to the loo).

The same street can look completely different to me if I go the opposite way. The list is endless...
Same here, Rose! I can't read maps, either. They're pretty to look at, though!:D

The secret is to navigate by landmarks.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Works the same way in the city. Just don't pick a landmark that is likely to move, like the red Vauxhall in the car park.
It might work the same for you, Duke, but I'm a lost cause with urban directions (red Vauxhalls notwithstanding :D)!

It might work the same for you, Duke, but I'm a lost cause with urban directions (red Vauxhalls notwithstanding :D)!
I think I just figured it out!

I am passionate about the countryside and wildlife/nature so I pay a great deal of attention to it. I'm not a city girl at all so I probably pay zero attention to anything much when I'm in town... That's probably why I navigate fairly well in rural settings (because I've seen every rock, tree, bend in the river and taken note of every hill and valley), but tend to switch off to the urban sprawl...

Does that sound plausible?

Reactions: garnetsilver