Hospice Nurse Shares Insight

From the article:

" It's people who have already died and they come to them - it's sometimes dreams but usually physically - and they will say 'I'm coming to get you soon, you don't have to worry about anything'."

I believe this to be true. It happened to my Mom and later to my Dad.

Reactions: Selectric
I believe our loved ones come to us before death. It would make sense if the afterlife were really real, and they are just in another dimension that they would try to comfort us at the scariest and sometimes painful time in our lives. I know I would try to come back for my loved ones if I could help them.

Reactions: crux and Selectric
I have seen this many, many times while working in the geriatric field. I once had a set of sisters on unit who shared a room. Sister #1 passed and Sis #2 was devastated. She wouldn't eat or drink for several days. I walked into her room one day and she was talking to what I perceived as a very light misty form in her room. Sis #2 said Sis #1 was there and told her it was not her time but she'd be back for her in a month. Sure enough, one month later, Sis #2 passed with a smile on her face.

I learned to listen to what my patients were telling me. I believe we are visited by our loved ones.

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
I have seen this many, many times while working in the geriatric field. I once had a set of sisters on unit who shared a room. Sister #1 passed and Sis #2 was devastated. She wouldn't eat or drink for several days. I walked into her room one day and she was talking to what I perceived as a very light misty form in her room. Sis #2 said Sis #1 was there and told her it was not her time but she'd be back for her in a month. Sure enough, one month later, Sis #2 passed with a smile on her face.

I learned to listen to what my patients were telling me. I believe we are visited by our loved ones.
Thanks for sharing this story Debi, it helps give hope in the belief in the afterlife.

I've had a number of occurrences of contact/communication following the passing of family & friends. I described one in an earlier thread. Another was a friend who passed suddenly and a few days later I woke in the morning with the sound of his voice in my head. He was jabbering away enthusiastically. I don't recall all of the first part of what he said but it was something about being at a great height. His very last sentence was, "I can see half of Europe from up here!"

Reactions: Debi