Hopkinsville "Little Green Men" Festival

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Some of you may remember back early in the year when we listened to a multi-part podcast (Astonishing Legends) on the Kelly/Hopkinsville (KY) Encounter in 1955. Some called the beings that "attacked" a rural family as aliens, others goblins. This was one of the spectacular cases in early ufology.

On 16-17 Aug (Friday and Saturday) the town of Hopkinsville will host its annual festival to commemorate the incident. I made hotel reservations today, so I intend to go. Anyone else who might be interested in attending and meeting up, let me know. Keep in mind, however, this event is done apparently with tongue firmly in cheek. Sounds like fun.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I really wish I could go, but that's not to be. But anyone out there wanting to go, touch base with Duke! I'd love to hear the stories from a team there!

Reactions: Lynne
Duke I would have loved to go but I need a few months lead time to plan a trip that far. I have to save money and make plans for pets. Maybe we can plan a meet up in the future. I hope you take a few pics to share.

Reactions: Debi
Some of you may remember back early in the year when we listened to a multi-part podcast (Astonishing Legends) on the Kelly/Hopkinsville (KY) Encounter in 1955. Some called the beings that "attacked" a rural family as aliens, others goblins. This was one of the spectacular cases in early ufology.

On 16-17 Aug (Friday and Saturday) the town of Hopkinsville will host its annual festival to commemorate the incident. I made hotel reservations today, so I intend to go. Anyone else who might be interested in attending and meeting up, let me know. Keep in mind, however, this event is done apparently with tongue firmly in cheek. Sounds like fun.
I'm very familar with the story.....I wish I could take some time off and go. It's close to home.

Reactions: Lynne