Holiday Specials

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
It may seem a bit early to talk about Holiday TV specials, but they are starting before Thanksgiving! Including my beloved Rudolph who I will view for the 57th year in a row on November 22.
Which specials, movies, etc. are you putting on your "watch list"?
Do you miss the old time specials with Bing Crosby and other entertainers?
Which ones did you watch in the past?

Reactions: Paintman
It may seem a bit early to talk about Holiday TV specials, but they are starting before Thanksgiving! Including my beloved Rudolph who I will view for the 57th year in a row on November 22.

What surprised me in the list is the ones that I had not seen. For example, I don't recall " Robbie the Reindeer." When did that first start showing !

I was overjoyed to find "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" on YouTube last year, so will be looking again this year. I do miss the old Christmas specials from childhood, but have copies of "White Christmas", "It's a Wonderful Life", and "Miracle on 34th Street." Other potentials are "Home Alone,"A Christmas Story," and "Meet Me In St. Louis." Fun!

I liked "Rudolph" because a longtime friend and colleague was a dead ringer for this guy, the dentist wannabe elf. He took a lot of good natured ribbing during the holidays.

Hermey.jpg

My favorite all time Christmas program was the Mr Magoo version of "A Christmas Carol. " As a youngster, however, the ghost of Christmases yet to come scared the living bejesus out of me.

mr-magoos-christmas-carol-1962-ghost-of-christmas-yet-to-come-review.jpg

I like all the old cartoon Christmas specials. A white Christmas is my fav. I will stop and watch whichever show is on. I can’t say a look for them.

Reactions: Debi
Garnetsilver, I like your taste in movies.
Me , Scrooge. With Bill Murray. And I also like to sing along to the Suzy Snowflake song.