Here's a question

TonyM

Deactivated Account
Reaction score
Website
monaghan.tv
For those of you who don't live in Scotland what variety of sausages do you have? Not talking the additions like apple etc but what you call them. Here we have links and Lorne also known as square. Some examples;

Links, still joined as filled either pork or beef as in the image ;

websitepictures043.jpg

Square sausage;

img.php

For those of you who don't live in Scotland what variety of sausages do you have? Not talking the additions like apple etc but what you call them. Here we have links and Lorne also known as square. Some examples;

Links, still joined as filled either pork or beef as in the image ;

websitepictures043.jpg

Square sausage;

img.php

Here in the Southeast of the USA we typically eat links or patties. However, when you buy links in an average grocery store, they are already separated. But you can certain find continuous links too.

Our patties tend to be round; and based on your photo with the tomatoe, our patties are often smaller. Your “squares” look like they are the size of a slice of sandwich bread. Most patties here are probably 1/2 that size.

Whoa! You have serious sausages over there. Squares I've never seen and they look HUGE. We have the patties or links and much smaller! We also have most links as single links and not together. We also have a lot of precooked sausage products so all we have to do is brown it off and heat a bit to eat.

Now, I happen to be not so much a sausage girl, but I do like Kielbasa or my Biscuits in sausage gravy.

Biscuits in sausage gravy
One of my favorites. You can include bits of sausage, thank you, I don't eat it too often anymore, but I do allow myself the pleasure once in awhile. I used to visit a restaurant out in the boonies just for their version. It was about a 45 minute drive away and made for a pleasant morning. Sadly the restaurant closed after many many years of operation.