Hello everyone

Nofer

Reaction score
I had a few things happening to me when I was a child. I'm from eastern Europe which means OLD OOOOOLD houses. The house we lived in was probably way more than 100 years old. Me, my little brother and our parents had only 1 bedroom, that's where we all slept. I was afraid of going out to the kitchen at night because of what kept happening to me. I went out to the hall, closed the bedroom door, turned on the light, walked to the kitchen. The light went off. I tried to run back into the room but something was pulling me back and I couldn't scream. I could walk forward VERY VERY slowly. I was frightened. Finally I got to the door. It felt like something wouldn't let me open it. By the time I could open it I was crying and I was scared to death. I told my parents but they didn't believe me and magically the light was turned back on too. I still doknow what that was about.
Another experience was when I was 15. I was hiking with my dog and got in-between two hills. I climbed one and sat down and played with my dog. I could see the other hill with forest and a large house on it. I spend hours there just playing with my dog and for some reason I kept looking at the house too. When I went home and told my dad where I was he told me there is NO HOUSE there. Wanting to proove it to him the next morning I took him there....the house wasn't there and even if there was one I couldn't possibly see it from where I was the previous day due to the dense forest. I'd LOVE to know why I saw that house and remember still what it looked like. This is fascinating to me. If someone knows anything about sights like this I'd love to hear their opinion!!

I had a few things happening to me when I was a child. I'm from eastern Europe which means OLD OOOOOLD houses. The house we lived in was probably way more than 100 years old. Me, my little brother and our parents had only 1 bedroom, that's where we all slept. I was afraid of going out to the kitchen at night because of what kept happening to me. I went out to the hall, closed the bedroom door, turned on the light, walked to the kitchen. The light went off. I tried to run back into the room but something was pulling me back and I couldn't scream. I could walk forward VERY VERY slowly. I was frightened. Finally I got to the door. It felt like something wouldn't let me open it. By the time I could open it I was crying and I was scared to death. I told my parents but they didn't believe me and magically the light was turned back on too. I still doknow what that was about.
Another experience was when I was 15. I was hiking with my dog and got in-between two hills. I climbed one and sat down and played with my dog. I could see the other hill with forest and a large house on it. I spend hours there just playing with my dog and for some reason I kept looking at the house too. When I went home and told my dad where I was he told me there is NO HOUSE there. Wanting to proove it to him the next morning I took him there....the house wasn't there and even if there was one I couldn't possibly see it from where I was the previous day due to the dense forest. I'd LOVE to know why I saw that house and remember still what it looked like. This is fascinating to me. If someone knows anything about sights like this I'd love to hear their opinion!!
Hi Nofer, and welcome to the PNF. Very interesting experiences, thanks for sharing them with us. I'm go to let others better qualified comment, but don't be surprised if there are a number of questions from our members. It's not a case of anyone doubting you, they'll only be trying to better understand you and what happened. Again, welcome.

Welcome to the forum Nofer. Thanks for sharing your experience. I have heard of the changing landscape thing before. You are not the only one to experience this. Perhaps you saw through time? Or had a time slip yourself , you may have walked into a time vortex. I wonder if you could do some research to see if there ever was a house there? It could validate your experience, espicially if there is a matching picture.

I had a similar experience as a child. For a time I lived in an Urban area, so it would have been highly unusual to see Gothic architecture in our neck of the woods. One day I was being driven home from school when I spotted a Gothic archway in an unusual place. I was intrigued, and the following weekend, I asked my older brother to take me back to the place where I had spotted the arch. It wasn't there. And there was not a structure around that would have had one, either.

Welcome Nofer, I'd imagine your area would have a lot of human history to it and many ghosts of people and homes. A very interesting account.

Hi Nofer and welcome to the 'family'.

As others have already suggested, do a little bit of research and find out if there ever was a house there years ago. If there has never been, then potentially this may be just some sort of weird atmospheric 'mirage' and the house you saw may actually exist somewhere, but miles away from you.

If there was a house at that location at one point, then things become a little more interesting. There could be a number of theoretical reasons behind this (i.e. parallel universe theory, time portals or time slips, a glitch in the 'matrix', etc). It may also be a possibility that you 'connected' to something. Have you ever (or do you now) had a history of 'knowing' or 'seeing' things you could not explain, almost like a sixth sense?

As for the first account you gave, it was a really interesting story. Get's the 'grey matter' ticking!

However, it is nothing that anyone can state as definitely being paranormal from an investigative point of view. I personally, as an investigator, would just classify this as a 'personal experience' at this time. This is because it is a 'historical' event with no additional evidence. That does not mean that I am suggesting it did not happen to you, but rather that, for it to be considered paranormal, all natural explanations must be ruled out first (including any medical possibilities for this) and this can only be done with an investigation, or documented evidence from witnesses.

Although frightening at the time, embrace the experience. Not many people get to experience another side to our weird and wonderful world like this - welcome to the club!