He posed as God

so much can be said about this story.......... but in all truth this isnt much different than what a lot of preachers do every day...hate to say it but when some preachers preach money and preach GOD wants the congregation to buy a new plane or mansion for the preacher ( was actually the case for a mega church a few years ago.....the church in question requires a copy of your tax returns and a direct deposit of at least 10% of each pay deposit to be a member.....) its about the same thing...they may not say their GOD but still.....this guy was just going for the full effect.....but in the end i wouldnt want to be in any of their shoes.... Religion has become more about business than about spirituality......

but in all truth this isnt much different than what a lot of preachers do every day..
I remember as a kid in church, the minister got on a crazy rant about us not putting enough money in the plate. He roared if you usually put one dollar, put ten. He raised his arms in a god like way and had a severe heart attack, almost dying. Mum just looked at me and said nothing.

I remember as a kid in church, the minister got on a crazy rant about us not putting enough money in the plate. He roared if you usually put one dollar, put ten. He raised his arms in a god like way and had a severe heart attack, almost dying. Mum just looked at me and said nothing.
I just have to add this minister nearly ran me over at about ten. I was crossing at a green walk signal and he came around the corner, I had to dive out of the way. He was a horrible person and his kids were really messed up as well.

I just have to add this minister nearly ran me over at about ten. I was crossing at a green walk signal and he came around the corner, I had to dive out of the way. He was a horrible person and his kids were really messed up as well.
Preacher kids are usually the worst. My daughter went to a Lutheran school till graduation, and I know from experience lol. I think they are so busy taking care of the parish that their own kids lack attention, or perhaps it is just plain old rebellion.

Preacher kids are usually the worst. My daughter went to a Lutheran school till graduation, and I know from experience lol. I think they are so busy taking care of the parish that their own kids lack attention, or perhaps it is just plain old rebellion.
Lynne this guy put me off religion for life, which may have been his agenda. His kids weren't rebels they were closeted and unable to socialize normally but they ended up as doctors and other in other high paying jobs. The dad just worried about how society thought of him and yeah no spirituality or love in that family.

1689642414808.png

."Mum just looked at me and said nothing". P.R.I.C.E.L.E.S.S

• Big Grin
Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
But seriously, how dumb would you have to be to think that a voice on the other end of the phone was God? Did the guy sound like Morgan Freeman doing his narrating voice or something? While I hate scammers with an abiding passion, there is a point where you have to question the idiocy of the victim.

mom's can be awesome. what they don't say.
True and my mother has very expressive eyes, she might as well said, look what happens when you're greedy, but that wasn't probably appropriate with old matey collapsed on the floor of the church :D .