He posed as God

But seriously, how dumb would you have to be to think that a voice on the other end of the phone was God? Did the guy sound like Morgan Freeman doing his narrating voice or something? While I hate scammers with an abiding passion, there is a point where you have to question the idiocy of the victim.
There are a lot of very dumb people. How many lonely middle aged women have sent their life savings to Africa on the promise of love/marriage to an invisible stranger? If I knew they were giving up that much they could have had the real deal ;bg2 .

There are a lot of very dumb people. How many lonely middle aged women have sent their life savings to Africa on the promise of love/marriage to an invisible stranger? If I knew they were giving up that much they could have had the real deal ;bg2 .
Yeah, but a guy on a phone claiming to be God? SRSLY? I bet he didn't even have a Jewish accent...

Lynne this guy put me off religion for life, which may have been his agenda. His kids weren't rebels they were closeted and unable to socialize normally but they ended up as doctors and other in other high paying jobs. The dad just worried about how society thought of him and yeah no spirituality or love in that family.
As long as it didn't put you off God, organized religion has a lot of problems I know. I still go and worship when I feel the need to do so but I am praying to the God of creation not the God of man. I have felt let down by many priests and pastors in my lifetime, but I recognize they are just men and probably just doing a job after a while. It is a sad state of affairs, but I do think the world is better for them overall.

• Love it
Reactions: ozentity
I am praying to the God of creation not the God of man.
That's me, when you are a kid you look to adults to show you the way and when you realize how off track some are it's sad but now I realize it's ok, everyone has a different path. I believe they all lead to the same destination eventually.

Reactions: Lynne
That's me, when you are a kid you look to adults to show you the way and when you realize how off track some are it's sad but now I realize it's ok, everyone has a different path. I believe they all lead to the same destination eventually.
I sure hope so Oz

Reactions: ozentity