Have you ever...

Since we are a paranormal forum, I have to ask:

Have you ever had your fortune told?
Had a psychic reading?
Had your astrology chart done?
Been to a medium?
Good or bad experience?

Nope, nope, nope, and nope. I have been around people who had 'gifts' but never asked for a reading. Oh, wait. A friend of Mrs Critter looked at my hand once. I don't recall specifically what she 'read' but it was flattering ( long life, great lover, etc) . I also don't believe she has a 'gift'. Now that I think about it, she was probably flirting with me and I didn't even realize it. :)

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
To quote the famous movie line "There’s no fate but what we make for ourselves"

The whole concept of precognition causes me quite a bit of mental stress for all the reasons you state. Not so much anymore but in my younger days I used to have a lot of dreams that were actually visions of the future. Everything from begnin conversations with friends up to fatal accidents. It was bizarre and unsettling, especially because I did not allow myself to believe in "nonsense" like psychic visions and just kept telling myself it was all just a series of coincidences.

It really started to mess with my head because I would dream about something happening, then it would start happening in real life. Since I already knew what was going to happen I would simply do the same things I did in my dream and see the same end results. Which led me to believe that I was creating these predetermined outcomes because I was taking the predetermined actions to cause them. This was a big part of why I said it was all coincidence. If I were to not follow the "script" then things would turn out differently.

The first time I changed the outcome of a dream, and prevented a car accident, it totally threw off my coincidence theory and made me question concepts like Free Will. If I went along with the dream and allowed the accident to happen then it was predetermined, but by stopping the accident I changed what was supposed to happen through free will, but I had no will or control over dreaming about the accident; so what parts were actually fated to happen? Was I shown this vision for the purpose of stopping the accident, in which case the exercising of free will was necessary to fulfill the predetermined outcome. It boggles my mind and sends me into a migrane inducing spiral of conflicting thoughts and theories.
Steve, these things will probably remain a mystery and the best we can do is piece theories together. I truly believe God didn't create a bunch of robots to watch a predestined show. What possible enjoyment or pleasure would that be. I think he created a world that had free will and people could choose him willingly. Forcing something or someone to love you doesn't have much meaning, real love has to be wooed or earned. I think the dreams were warnings that you were able to pick up on because you have a sensitivity to it. By changing your destiny, you saved yourself and others pain and loss but even in the ones you did not take action you still learned that there is more to this life than the physical. So, the dreams served two purposes, a warning and a sign. I think the future is not set and many of the dark forecasts are possible futures without the intervention of God. I believe we can change of our fate with prayer and intention. The further out reaching and bigger events need more than individual intention and prayer. The circle of events spreads to others free will and to have a big effect more people need to agree. This is just my take on the nature of reality, and I stay open minded on the topic. I have witnessed the answer to prayer many times and had what I consider miraculous healings, I have also experienced the opposite. Which is so confusing, and I must chalk it up to the greater plan and how everything fits together and the spiritual growth we all need. We all die, and no amount of prayer or pleading will stop that. In the end we are just left with more questions and the journey of discovery continues.

Steve, these things will probably remain a mystery and the best we can do is piece theories together. I truly believe God didn't create a bunch of robots to watch a predestined show. What possible enjoyment or pleasure would that be. I think he created a world that had free will and people could choose him willingly. Forcing something or someone to love you doesn't have much meaning, real love has to be wooed or earned. I think the dreams were warnings that you were able to pick up on because you have a sensitivity to it. By changing your destiny, you saved yourself and others pain and loss but even in the ones you did not take action you still learned that there is more to this life than the physical. So, the dreams served two purposes, a warning and a sign. I think the future is not set and many of the dark forecasts are possible futures without the intervention of God. I believe we can change of our fate with prayer and intention. The further out reaching and bigger events need more than individual intention and prayer. The circle of events spreads to others free will and to have a big effect more people need to agree. This is just my take on the nature of reality, and I stay open minded on the topic. I have witnessed the answer to prayer many times and had what I consider miraculous healings, I have also experienced the opposite. Which is so confusing, and I must chalk it up to the greater plan and how everything fits together and the spiritual growth we all need. We all die, and no amount of prayer or pleading will stop that. In the end we are just left with more questions and the journey of discovery continues.
Lynne, that is one of the best posts I've seen in 10 years here on the forum. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: Lynne
Yes yes yes yes and yes. Most readings were good until… the person / medium got to know you. Then, I felt the readings had started to become biased. I know…. If the medium is legit or not. I ask them to tell me something that only my father and I would know, or.. just ask Sarah. I had a lady read for me for a few years and wouldn’t ya know it, she stopped reading for me primarily because of politics!! Yea, I know. “Holier than thou”! Lol. My last guy fell into the biased category. We became friends, in fact, he married my wife and I! I had one lady about 13 years ago who was so incredibly accurate it was astonishing! She hit marks left and right! Need to try and find her again…

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity