Haunted Pub video

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

CCTV footage from The Salmon pub in Belford, England shows a glass spontaneously shattering in to pieces.
The video, which has so far been viewed over 40,000 times, was shared online by landlords Michael and Donna Duns who have been running the pub for the last three years.

"The glass had been there for about 20 minutes and there was still half a pint in it," said Michael. "I've heard the pub is haunted off a few people before which I believe now after this happened."

"The three tables in the video have been known to be where main incidents happen regarding glasses moving and falling off tables. We have seen two glass moving incidents but never breaking like that."

Sure enough, the footage does seem to show a glass spontaneously breaking, however it is unclear what has caused it to happen.

Some social media users have argued that this type of thing can actually happen quite regularly.

"Glasses smash like that in pubs all the time it's all the washing, hot steam and chemicals used to sanitise, best one is when the bottom falls out the glass," wrote Rachel Clamp.

Others, meanwhile, remain adamant that something paranormal must have been responsible.

That’s a good one. It looks like two glasses explode.

At that quality it's almost pointless to even speculate. The video has been removed, but I know the one you mean. Pubs make damn good money off ghosts, too. They mostly rent rooms upstairs, and make more money off that than off the pub itself. I've always been suspicious of the fact that every single pub and hotel seems to be haunted. Hell...the Skirrid Inn had jacked their prices up by over 100% by the time Most Haunted went their for the second time, just cus they were guaranteed to be able to fill every room with all the paranormal investigators who wanted to stay there.
Not saying a pub can't be haunted, but ALL of them? Seems a bit fishy

At that quality it's almost pointless to even speculate. The video has been removed, but I know the one you mean. Pubs make damn good money off ghosts, too. They mostly rent rooms upstairs, and make more money off that than off the pub itself. I've always been suspicious of the fact that every single pub and hotel seems to be haunted. Hell...the Skirrid Inn had jacked their prices up by over 100% by the time Most Haunted went their for the second time, just cus they were guaranteed to be able to fill every room with all the paranormal investigators who wanted to stay there.
Not saying a pub can't be haunted, but ALL of them? Seems a bit fishy
They don’t make any claims in the video about all pubs. I see your point that it would be a financial advantage but I haven’t found that most bars make these claims.

Reactions: Mokey
They don’t make any claims in the video about all pubs. I see your point that it would be a financial advantage but I haven’t found that most bars make these claims.
Depends where you live. If the bar is also an Inn or hotel, then yeah...they all have ghosts unless the building is very new

Depends where you live. If the bar is also an Inn or hotel, then yeah...they all have ghosts unless the building is very new

I think this is a function of where you live. Pubs/inns are more of a UK and Ireland thing, and a good number of those I've visited and/or stayed in over there did have ghost stories associated with them. In the US, bed & breakfasts, especially those in older homes, are more apt to be touted as haunted. Sadly, despite having stayed in hundreds of both types of accommodations, I never experienced anything paranormal.

Reactions: Lynne
Y'all are forgetting every restaurant is haunted or maybe just every one I have worked at, and that's like 5 different places. And walmart most walmarts are haunted and have poltergeist activity I have found unless they are brand new.

A lot of walmart workers and shoppers have very abysmal energy.

Reactions: Debi