Haunted doll

Tenshi

Reaction score
Hi, I went at a thrift shop to get a haunted doll, one of them felt like she was and so I used my phone's emf meter to check if she really was (I'm still a beginner). The emf meter was at 85/90 near her while for the other dolls it 50/55 maximum. After being at the thrift shop I went to the doctor's with my parents in their car and while I was in the car I noticed she didn't particularly had electromagnetic radiations anymore. What happened? Is it because the metal thing that kept her standing kinda scratched her face?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ozentity
well first, why would you want a haunted doll (or a haunted anything for that matter). its not a game, or fun and cool. second. you said it "felt" haunted, do you have abilities of any kind, if so you should concentrate on that first. learn all you can and take your time, dont rush into this, its not just a hobby or something to take lightly. some things you do not want following you or becoming attached.... others will weigh in im sure....listen to them

Hi, I went at a thrift shop to get a haunted doll, one of them felt like she was and so I used my phone's emf meter to check if she really was (I'm still a beginner). The emf meter was at 85/90 near her while for the other dolls it 50/55 maximum. After being at the thrift shop I went to the doctor's with my parents in their car and while I was in the car I noticed she didn't particularly had electromagnetic radiations anymore. What happened? Is it because the metal thing that kept her standing kinda scratched her face?
I agree with Paulm, youve got be careful. I am a beginner too so I get the excitement but you want to start slow and small. You dont want to bring anything home or attached to you. It will happen if youre not careful. I recommend looking up how to shield yourself. For example I do a protective bubble around myself before I do anything. Then when im finished with a reading or any thing Ive done I imagine im closing a door and locking it. Thats just what I do.

Thank you guys
I agree with Paulm, youve got be careful. I am a beginner too so I get the excitement but you want to start slow and small. You dont want to bring anything home or attached to you. It will happen if youre not careful. I recommend looking up how to shield yourself. For example I do a protective bubble around myself before I do anything. Then when im finished with a reading or any thing Ive done I imagine im closing a door and locking it. Thats just what I do.

Hi Tenshi , thanks for sharing your story. Can you go into more detail why you wanted something haunted ?
I wanted to comunicate with a spirit and take care of him/her, also internet made it seem so easy so I went thrifting a doll but turns out it's not so easy

Hi Tenshi, and welcome. First, I wouldn't put too much stock in an EMF app. I've seen too many ghost and UFO detector apps that are not much more than glorified random number generators. Secondly, and assuming the EMF app works, it could have been detecting a source in the shop independent of the doll, other than the doll's location relative to the source. Move the doll/meter from the location, the only readings you'll get are from background/ambient sources.

Of cource this all presupposes ghosts/spirits/haunts radiate EMF and meters indicates their presence. There is no scientific proof that's true.

Hi Tenshi, and welcome. First, I wouldn't put too much stock in an EMF app. I've seen too many ghost and UFO detector apps that are not much more than glorified random number generators. Secondly, and assuming the EMF app works, it could have been detecting a source in the shop independent of the doll, other than the doll's location relative to the source. Move the doll/meter from the location, the only readings you'll get are from background/ambient sources.

Of source this all presupposes ghosts/spirits/haunts radiate EMF and indicates their presence. There is no scientific proof that's true.
OH wow thanks :) I think I'm taking her to a local expert and try to ask him if it really is a vessel and what to do (probably will give her to him since I undertood because of this forum that I'm not ready :'0 )

OH wow thanks :) I think I'm taking her to a local expert and try to ask him if it really is a vessel and what to do (probably will give her to him since I undertood because of this forum that I'm not ready :'0 )
Not sure what kind of "expert" you are talking about, but assuming you mean a paranormal "expert," I'd suggest no such thing exists. Lots of charlatans and hucksters in the field, especially those who charge fees for their "expertise."

That having been said, I wholeheartedly agree with Paul and Jelly, this is not a game or something to do on a lark. There are some dark entities out there looking for the unsuspecting/unprepared. What you don't know can hurt you.

you should probably get rid of the doll until you learn a little bit more of how these things work. a thrift store can be a place to find "haunted" objects, but not necessarily as you are thinking. not always actual ghosts or spirits. everything holds some of the energy and essence of its former owners or those it has came into contact with. everything has a story to tell. some of that energy may be good, happy, from better times and some may be sad, unhappy energies... some may bring depression or uneasy feelings if you can feel it. so its not just the dangers involved, its also learning how to tell the difference and how to accept or block the energy it may hold......
Duke is right on the EMF topic. the phone apps are pretty much useless, unless youre looking for a router or computer in the room....lol.... and also on the "expert" part. dont let just anyone convince you they are an expert or "in the know" when it comes to this... read around some of the threads and learn what you can. how to close out an investigation as well as how to prepare beforehand. ask questions, participate start fresh with a new look on all this.... good luck and welcome to the forums

you should probably get rid of the doll until you learn a little bit more of how these things work. a thrift store can be a place to find "haunted" objects, but not necessarily as you are thinking. not always actual ghosts or spirits. everything holds some of the energy and essence of its former owners or those it has came into contact with. everything has a story to tell. some of that energy may be good, happy, from better times and some may be sad, unhappy energies... some may bring depression or uneasy feelings if you can feel it. so its not just the dangers involved, its also learning how to tell the difference and how to accept or block the energy it may hold......
Duke is right on the EMF topic. the phone apps are pretty much useless, unless youre looking for a router or computer in the room....lol.... and also on the "expert" part. dont let just anyone convince you they are an expert or "in the know" when it comes to this... read around some of the threads and learn what you can. how to close out an investigation as well as how to prepare beforehand. ask questions, participate start fresh with a new look on all this.... good luck and welcome to the forums
Thank youuuu, btw how do you think I could get rid of the doll? Sorry if I ask too many questions

Reactions: Ragnar0711