Haunted Armchair

Here's an 'eew' moment for you.

What if it is not bodily sweat that has caused this?

The human body starts to liquefy after a month of decomposing. This is known as the 3rd Stage (Active Decay) of decomposition. Fluids released through orifices indicate the beginning of active decay. Organs, muscles, and skin become liquefied. When all of the body’s soft tissue decomposes, hair, bones, cartilage, and other byproducts of decay remain. The cadaver loses the most mass during this stage.

Could someone actually have died in the chair and remained undiscovered for some time?

It is not the first time this has happened...............
Reminds me of the "late model year Corvette for sale cheap" urban legends. Mythbusters did an episode to recreate this story where they let a large dead hog bake in a Corvette for two months. After its remains were removed, even professional cleaners were unable to get the stench and stains out of the car.

Reactions: garnetsilver
yikes, that chair had a very moist person sitting in it ,maybe
That’s what I was thinking. It is just someones body oils marking the leather. I wonder if leather cleaners and leather treatment would remove the mark.

Reactions: garnetsilver
If it was a well made chair, it would certainly be worth reupholstering. But not if somebody melted in it from being blasted with alien lasers!

Reactions: Lynne