Has Science Solved the Dyatlov Pass Mystery?

I was unable to read this article, it required a subscription to the site.
What was their theory?

I was unable to read this article, it required a subscription to the site.
What was their theory?

Sorry, I didn't have that problem.
Here's another article on the same theory. They are calling it a "delayed slab avalanche." This is interesting to me as it seems to be compatible with my theory of an avalanche caused by a very low level overflight of the area around their campsite by a Soviet TU-95 bomber that night. The TU-95 is incredibly loud, as in "rattle your back teeth" loud.

If I could find a email for either of these guys, I'd ask them if they are aware of the a/c overflight that night.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
The one from Wired article is a staff writer. Scroll down and there is a contact email link to Wired on that.

Reactions: Lynne
I have heard the avalanche theory before but as I recall it didn’t answer all the bizzare circumstances.

I have heard the avalanche theory before but as I recall it didn’t answer all the bizzare circumstances.
These two Swiss scientists think their theory answers all those circumstances. Will be interesting to hear what the Dyatlov aficionados and experts say.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I just read the article and it did not convince me from all that I’ve read on this incident. The tent was not buried and there supplies were in the tent. Their campsite was clearly visible. In that severe cold there would be no way a reasonable person would leave the supplies unless they were running in fear for their lives. Even if they had stashed supplies in the forest and were in fear of another avalanche, they would know the risk is sure death by cold if they didn’t put on cloths. Then there is also the missing body parts that were not explained.

I just read the article and it did not convince me from all that I’ve read on this incident. The tent was not buried and there supplies were in the tent. Their campsite was clearly visible. In that severe cold there would be no way a reasonable person would leave the supplies unless they were running in fear for their lives. Even if they had stashed supplies in the forest and were in fear of another avalanche, they would know the risk is sure death by cold if they didn’t put on cloths. Then there is also the missing body parts that were not explained.
The Tu-95 explains them fleeing the tent/supplies I think. It was flying around very low behind mountain ridges that masked/muffled the sound, then it flashed over them. That would have scared them out of the tent, it would have sounded like the end of the world. The vibrations produced by the counter rotating props of those turboprop engines could have then brought down the slab avalanche.

The Tu-95 explains them fleeing the tent/supplies I think. It was flying around very low behind mountain ridges that masked/muffled the sound, then it flashed over them. That would have scared them out of the tent, it would have sounded like the end of the world. The vibrations produced by the counter rotating props of those turboprop engines could have then brought down the slab avalanche.
I would think that after a few min they would have figured it out and returned for supplies. Also why was the tent and campsite not buried in snow. Then there is the missing eyeballs and tongue.