Ham Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm studying to get my Ham radio license (Technician) and i think i will take the test by the end of the month. I was wondering if there's any ham's out there that can suggest a good setup to start? Without burning a huge hole in my wallet of course... Any feedback is appreciated!

That's really cool Leo, I have always wanted to learn that. Are you taking a course oline?

I was thinking about it but just decided to go to Amazon and get "The ARRL Ham Radio License Manuel" and self study. Its pretty dummy style (which is good for me) and then when I feel comfortable I can find a local Ham club to administer the test. They have free practice test online etc... Only $15 and 35 questions. Haha I soubd like a spokesman but that's not my intention, just excited. :)

I was thinking about it but just decided to go to Amazon and get "The ARRL Ham Radio License Manuel" and self study. Its pretty dummy style (which is good for me) and then when I feel comfortable I can find a local Ham club to administer the test. They have free practice test online etc... Only $15 and 35 questions. Haha I soubd like a spokesman but that's not my intention, just excited. :)
Thanks Leo! That book sounds like a perfect place to start. Good luck on your upcoming test!

Status
Not open for further replies.